These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M13 tap tempo and exp. pedal at the same time
by pakkers on 2009-06-11 12:50:39

Hello.

I just bought a line6 M13.  One word... fantastic.  I just wonder about one thing. Would there ever come a version that will be able to handle tap tempo and expression pedal at the same time on the same effect just like it does on the DL4.

I have had a DL 4 since it came to Norway and its still on my pedal board. I'm complitly addicted to the combination of tap tempo and expression pedal at the same time.

Tanks for making life better for a  guitar player.

Hope my question is understandable.

John Ornes

Norway

+47 97084793

jonornes@gmail.com

Re: M13 tap tempo and exp. pedal at the same time
by RichRenken on 2009-06-11 13:07:58

jonornes wrote:

Hello.

I just bought a line6 M13.  One word... fantastic.  I just wonder about one thing. Would there ever come a version that will be able to handle tap tempo and expression pedal at the same time on the same effect just like it does on the DL4.

I have had a DL 4 since it came to Norway and its still on my pedal board. I'm complitly addicted to the combination of tap tempo and expression pedal at the same time.

Tanks for making life better for a  guitar player.

Hope my question is understandable.

John Ornes

Norway

+47 97084793

jonornes@gmail.com

Can you explain more clearly? Not sure what you are asking.

by Line6Hugo on 2009-06-12 10:34:29

Same here. Can you provide further detail on what you are trying to do and how?

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by phil_m on 2009-06-12 10:42:20

If I understand correctly, I think he wants the ability to have a different note value for the delay time saved in the heel and toe positions.  So for example, you could have a quarter-note delay in the heel position and than a dotted eighth note in the toe.

by pakkers on 2009-06-12 12:20:59

Hello again.

I've asked this question in different ways to many times. I guess my english sucks.

I will try one last time.

On the DL4 you can set the expression pedal and the tap tempo to control the delay time at the same preset. I use the expression pedal to get an effect when i play by just pushing the expression down on the toe end and back again when i want the effect to stop.

That is not possible the way i see it on the M13 but i WISH it was possible.

Regards John

by Line6Hugo on 2009-06-12 13:18:26

Ok, now I see.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the TAP TEMPO note value for an effect on the M13 with the expression pedal. That does not mean that it is not a good idea though. Please submit a Feature Request for this at the following link:

http://www.line6.com/company/contact/productFeedback/?topic_id=3

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by pegworth on 2009-06-13 08:17:33

I think what he is saying is he wants the expression pedal to control the tempo (tap tempo) of a particular delay preset (note value). 

I think  he doesn't want to change note values just tempo with the expression pedal. After all if he wanted to change note values he could switch to another delay preset.

by KozMcCharlie on 2009-06-15 08:25:12

I'm going to take a shot at this because the way I'm reading it, you could set up the expression pedal to work on the mix control and the tap tempo is controlling the speed of the delay. This would let you increase or reduce the amount of delay with the expression. Off in heel down and how much max at toe down is up to you. You'd then also have anything in between to work with.

by KozMcCharlie on 2009-06-15 08:41:17

And I just read your other post and I think I've got it... You can use the expression pedal to control any parameter that is not set to tap tempo (where a note appears). So in the case of delay, you can use expression to control anything that is not speed when using tap tempo.

I hope that's clear enough...

by pakkers on 2009-06-15 14:17:51

Hi.

What I want is the expression pedal and the tap tempo to be able to control the delay time in the same preset. Just like you can with the DL4.

The options for real time control are not the same on the DL4 as it is on the M13. There are in fact better real time control options on the DL4.

Take one DL4, one M13 connect expression pedal on both of them and check it out properly an you will see.

John

by phil_m on 2009-06-15 14:44:00

I actually think the expression pedal control on the M13 is much better on the DL4.  I used a DL4 for many years on my pedalboard, and one thing that I always hated was that if I tapped in a tempo with the pedal in the heel position, it wouldn't be there in the toe position.  The way it is on the M13 is much more usable for me with the way I use the delays, because I rarely will want to change the delay time with the expression pedal, but I will often want to change other parameters without affecting the time.

That being said, I do see why you would want to do what you're saying.  But I don't think that having a different global tempo for the heel and toe positions would be a good thing unless there was a way to choose not to do it also.

by pakkers on 2009-06-15 15:30:35

I never have  problem with getting the delay time to be the same in heal/toe position in the DL4 if that's what I want.

The opportunity to have the tap tempo and the expression pedal to control the delay time in the same preset is for me a very good real time control option.

It is possible on the DL4 and think it should be possible on the M13.

When that is said think the guy who have constructed the M13 has come very close to a perfect guitar effect board. Closer than any other.

by osvijazz on 2009-06-15 19:43:33

I don't understand exactly what is that you want to achive BUT you could try using 2 delays instead of just one...maybe you'll be able to get the desired effect...

by Hfrank74 on 2012-08-25 07:49:40

I totally understand what you're after. I used to use this function all the time on my DL4 and have just got the M9 (which does seem incredible) and find it strange that you can't do this i.e. Using the tap tempo to enter a tempo value but also programming the expression pedal with its own set of values at heel down and toe up. On the DL4 you could enter a tap tempo with the button but as soon as you stepped on the expression pedal the preset would resort to the values that were set with the pedal. It was very useful for chaotic realtime, infinite repat style stuff.

I'm guessing this has not been addressed at all yet?

I know this an old thread but if there's any help out there it'd be much appreciated

Frank

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.