These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

creating an open G tuning using pod xt live
by ruudhabets on 2013-03-14 14:09:36

Hi,

i am trying to locate a manual on how to create a model with an open G tuning and store it in the pod xt live.

does anyone know how to do this?

thnx

ruud

Re: creating an open G tuning using pod xt live
by Mr_Arkadin on 2013-03-14 16:54:04

The Pod XT Live is an amp modeller. If you want open G tuning either tune your guitar open G or buy a Variax.

by ruudhabets on 2013-03-16 06:04:47

Assumptions kill more people then bullets. I have a Variax. And yes, I can change instruments in an open tuning there. But I want to select these tunings on my podxt live and change them on my computer.

Or am I asking the impossible?

ruud

by Mr_Arkadin on 2013-03-16 07:18:35

Your question was can you create open tunings in a Podxt. The correct answer is No. You never stated you had a Variax, that would have to have been an assumption on my part to think you had one. Good luck with the attitude.

by TheRealZap on 2013-03-16 07:32:51

you need to use workbench to change the tunings on the variax... then you can use the pod to recall those tunings....

but no you can't change tunings on the pod and send them to your computer...

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2013-03-17 00:24:02

ruudhabets wrote:

Assumptions kill more people then bullets. I have a Variax. And yes, I can change instruments in an open tuning there. But I want to select these tunings on my podxt live and change them on my computer.

Or am I asking the impossible?

ruud

I assume you mean "than" not "then".

Cheers,

Crusty

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2013-03-17 00:26:04

The alternate tuning side of things is within the Variax not the POD.  So, it's a case of setting up a model in the Variax with the alternate tuning and then selecting that model using a patch in the POD.

Cheers,

Crusty

by ruudhabets on 2013-03-18 08:44:28

Thanks Crusty,

And yes the then/than was a typo :-)

I will share my open tunings here as soon as I have created them.

ruud

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.