These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD farm-Using effects for guitar and a microphone at the same time?
by bobinedefil on 2009-06-13 18:42:34

I'm using the ux2. what i do is go to POD farm, and i select "Mic Stereo". then i select an effect such as warm and clean. then i play my guitar through he instrument input, and can't hear the guitar through the headphones, only the mics. And if i don't have the "Mic stereo" selected on POD farm, i can't hear the mic through the headphones. However, if i plug my guitar in and in POD farm i set it to "Instrument", i hear the guitar but not the mics. how can i get POD farm to apply certain effects to certain instruments at the same time?

Re: POD farm-Using effects for guitar and a microphone at the same time?
by Rowbi on 2009-06-15 03:57:28

you cannot select a mic and a guitar input at the same time.

mic stereo means it's using both mic inputs.

then when you select instrument it's using the instrument input only and not the mic.

what's happening to you is not a fault, it's how it's meant to be.

there is a few things you could do to make it how you want it.  you could use DI boxes and connect guitar and mic to the line inputs and use line stereo, etc.  that's what I'd do.

Cheers

Rowbi

by Rowbi on 2009-06-15 04:21:02

actually, on thinking about it, you have an option in gearbox for mic + instrument, so just install gearbox and use that

by AndyParedes on 2009-06-15 14:31:56

Hello,

This information is correct. Please be sure to award Helpful and/or Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

Line6Andy

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.