These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

VARIAX BASS 705 - BROKEN DIGITAL OUT
by Gilbo on 2009-06-15 10:02:31

Hi,

I broke, by mistake, the digital output of my Variax Bass 705, I tried to plug a jack into the digital out, and I broke the conectors of the RJ45, so now I can't change the bass model from the POD XT LIVE.

Anyone could tell me where or how to get the connector?, I would change it my self.

I attach 2 pictures.

THANKS

Variaxbass_Digout2.jpg

variaxbass_Digout1.jpg

Re: VARIAX BASS 705 - BROKEN DIGITAL OUT
by amx05462 on 2009-06-15 12:13:17

neutrik has them  youll probably have to  put the pcb board on the back of the new one  i believe the board is line6 specific. shouldnt be a problem though  just  un solder the board and  solder it on the new connector the same way.  bu yhe way if you go on ebay theres a guy selling covers for that connector so that doesnt happen.  also  if youve  just pinched the wires down you might want to try  pulling them back up again.  someone  on here did that with a bread tie and it worked. just make a small ollp in the end of the wire tie. get it under the little wire and pull it back up again.

by Gilbo on 2009-06-16 00:29:23

Thanks amx05462,

That's what I am going to do, just unsolder the rj45 and solder a new one.

by macribas on 2009-08-03 22:39:37

If you live in the US, don't bother. Just call Line6 support and they will ship you a new jack. For free. Just did it last month.

Line 6 Support team rocks!

Marcel

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.