These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Can anyone help me w/info as to replace a faulty piezo pickup on my 600?
by kingeraaa on 2009-06-15 20:03:44

Hello Line 6 variax and flextone owners and all other products a la Line 6! I need assistance understanding how to replace a piezo pickup in my variax 600. I bought it used and it was working great but then my b string stopped working and they ( at guitar center) told me that it is a 5 min job. I have had the guitar for a few months and have been playing my baby (99 peavey wolgang speacial) but I would like to start using the 600 as I play a variety of styles of music and have been impressed by the sounds of the variax but waited til they came out with the 600 for the maple neck(gotta love a fast maple neck). I have taken the string off and see that the pick-up sits in the saddle but I need to know what the little wire that hangs of the piezo connects to? I can see thru the back that it is attached to something I think with sotter(sorry for spelling if sotter is wrong). I love the guitar and how it sounds but I have only used it thru an amp and P.A a few times and then the b string died. Like I said I have the string off and I just need to know what to do next as I have people that can help but since it is a newer type off technology everyone here in town is nervous about attempting it. I grew inpatient which led to my exploring the guitar very gently. If anyone can help me get this replacement piezo in I would be extremely grateful!!! I have been playing the flextone amps for a little more than a decade and can happily say I have had 1 amp repair issue and that is all(thanks Line 6)  until this pick-up issue so any help would make me extremely happy. Thanks sooo much to anyone that can help and I hope to have more interesting thigs to talk about in the future. Thanks Kingeraaa. (If music is the language of love play on, play on, play on!).

Re: Can anyone help me w/info as to replace a faulty piezo pickup on my 600?
by amx05462 on 2009-06-16 02:29:20

all you have to do is take the strings off  take the bridge off.  under the bridge youll see where the  pickups are soldered in.   un solder the old pickup   pull it out of the saddle   put the new one in   run the wire to  the  board  under the bridge plate solder it in   and  screw  down the bridge plate  and restring the guitar. simple.   maybe more like a half hour.you can call line6 at 818-575-3600   they might be able to hook you up with a replacement pickup.if its still under warrantee    id have guitar center do it. i dont think they do it there though. my local gc  sends everything out. probably would be quicker if you did it yourself.  getting the pickup is what takes  the time.maybe line6 will be nice and just sent you one.

by AndyParedes on 2009-06-16 11:45:48

Hello,

Please see your support ticket for more information:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Formore information on Support tickets, please see the following link:

What is a Support Ticket?

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1422

Regards,

Line6Andy

by kingeraaa on 2009-06-16 18:56:00

I just want to thank you very much for the input! I have to pick up a soldering gun so that I can bring the guitar to my good buddies house tommorow and I will let you know how it went, but I cannot stress the thank you enough as I have been looking at this guitar sitting there and it's driving me incredibly nuts not having it for gigs. Thanks again!!!   Adam.

by amx05462 on 2009-06-20 15:35:00

sounds like your  all set  let us know how it comes out.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.