These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Buzzing and Humming
by HardCorps88 on 2013-03-19 05:42:19

My Spider IV 15w started makeing a buzzing sound when cable is i splugged in.  When I touch the amp with my hand it seems to quiet the buzz.  In addition when I touch the ground part of the plug on the other end of the guitar cable it stops.  Does this sound like a bad cable?  I bought a monster cable thinking it was a good quality cable but not sure which is the problem.  Also, when I play for a bit it will go away.

Re: Buzzing and Humming
by fflbrgst on 2013-03-19 06:25:34

That sounds like a grounding problem.   The electrical circuit you have the amp plugged into may not be properly grounded - try plugging into a different outlet.

by HardCorps88 on 2013-03-19 13:04:36

I tried that also.  Plugged it in to several outlets and it did the same thing.  I am pretty fluent on how grounding works and all just not that much as to the internals of the amp itself.  What baffles me is eventually it fades away but really makes a loud buzzing sound at the beginning for about 5 min or so. 

by fflbrgst on 2013-03-21 07:59:18

The amp itself may be defective, from your description.  If you bought it new, take it back and exchange it.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.