These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Mastering a Recording with m20d
by sax42 on 2013-03-19 13:53:00

I want to master a Gig Recording from 10 channels recorded on sd card with different effects and levels and rececord the Main out's. It seem's to be difficult, cause i can't use USB to Computer for recording the Master (post fader) from 17/18, it's locked while USB is used.

So the only possible way is to use the headphone stereo out to Master within m20d with bad audio quality!?

Am i on the wrong way?

Re: Mastering a Recording with m20d
by silverhead on 2013-03-19 14:30:11

I think the main mix from the M20d when using usb-to-computer comes in to your DAW on 19/20. I'm not at my M20d at the moment to check this - but I seem to recall that in my DAW I could select inputs 19 and 20 from the M20d to record the main mix (post-fader).

by sax42 on 2013-03-20 07:29:30

Yes, it is - but only for live purposes!

In this case i have a multitrack-recording in m20d already.

So i want to finish this mix with some sound settings and take (or rerecord) the masterout.

This is not possible, tough the USB-Record/Playback panel is locked while computer is connected.

It should be so easy to make only one more step but it isn't.

If iam thinking right - there is one big feature missing: create a mainmix2.wav (post fader) while using Play on a stored recording.

by sax42 on 2013-03-23 06:58:57

any further suggestions?

by ArneLine6 on 2013-03-24 16:01:24

The only way at the moment would be to record the analog main output to an audio interface. To record the main mix while playing back the the tracks would make a lot of sense. Agreed.

by sax42 on 2013-04-15 04:23:12

is there a view for near feature (firmware):

a) "ReRecord": Playback selected Recorded channels while replacing the MainOut.wav or creating a MainOutMaster.wav?

[This would mean, i can Master a Wav without handling on a Computer at all - after GIG!!!]

- or -

b)  "Mastering-Mode": Playback selected Recorded channels while streaming two MainOut channels through USB to my computer for recording purposes?

- or -

c) i have to buy expensive studio software "hall" and "compressors" for my computer orientated mastering?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.