These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Cannot get POD Farm 1 to work as a VST in Reaper using XT Live.
by mattbarden on 2013-03-19 15:26:24

I keep getting the "No Authorize Device Detected" box when I try to use POD Farm 1 in Reaper. I am aware that the XT Live is not authorized to run the stand alone POD Farm but as far as I know it is supposed to work while running as a VST. I am using the XT Live as the sound card to run Reaper and I can hear my playback so clearly Reaper still recognizes that the XT Live is plugged in and working fine but POD Farm will not. The weird part is that I can see my metal shop amps and bass expansion, so it must be getting something from the XT Live right? Do I get points for throwback question of the day? When was the last time you heard a request for XT Live and POD Farm 1 lol. I know, my gears old but it works so...

Re: Cannot get POD Farm 1 to work as a VST in Reaper using XT Live.
by Triryche on 2013-03-20 08:29:07

The PODxt Live does not come with the VST plug-in, that is a separate license purchase.

by mattbarden on 2013-03-21 15:25:31

That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll just keep on reamping then. Thanks!

Is it just me, or does it seem stupid that Monkey offers a free trial version of software for a piece of hardware it is not compatible with unless I pay for a license? I know I could return it if I didn't like it, just saying...

by Triryche on 2013-03-21 18:03:06

When POD Farm first came out you could purchase a license that used the xt as a dongle for the plug-in.

Line6 eventually made a license that was hardware independent.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.