These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Export Line 6 Amp Tones
by RickPPW on 2009-06-22 15:10:51

Hey all,

Does anyone know of any way to export the tones I had created on my Spider II amp into my POD X3 LIve. Got a few tones on that amp that I really dig, but it's not as mobile as the POD.

Thanks for any ideas, Mates!

Re: Export Line 6 Amp Tones
by DerMetzgermeister on 2009-06-22 15:43:15

RickPPW wrote:

Hey all,

Does anyone know of any way to export the tones I had created on my Spider II amp into my POD X3 LIve. Got a few tones on that amp that I really dig, but it's not as mobile as the POD.

Thanks for any ideas, Mates!

There is no way.

1. Both have different modeling technology. The Spider is based on Pod 2.0 models and the X3 is based on the Vetta models.
  2. The Spider is a combo amp and the way its speaker affects sound is an integral part of its sound. The Pod generates a full representation of a complete guitar-amp-speaker-microphone chain and it works better reproduced by a transparent, full range speaker system.
  3. Even if the modeling technology were similar the Spider have no computer interface.

The closest you can get is reproducing your tones by ear, selecting similar models in the X3 and setting the tone controls as the Spider and tweaking from there.

Re: Export Line 6 Amp Tones
by RickPPW on 2009-06-22 16:28:23

That's kinda what I thought! It took quite w hiel to get that "sweet tones" that I enjoy. I'll be happy to zone in on the POD and find the "perfect wave"!

Thanks!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.