These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Question about Pocket POD / Guitar Port
by castout85 on 2009-06-23 06:34:20

I am considering getting a pocket POD. I have the standard Guitar Port 2.0 and I was wondering if the pocketPOD is equipped with the exact same arsenal. Basically I have some saved patches on Guitar Port and If I get a pocketPOD, will the tones transfer over and sound exact If i were to compare them both A/B through headphones? Please be honest.

Re: Question about Pocket POD / Guitar Port
by Rowbi on 2009-06-23 06:47:19

i believe the pocket pod has the same tones as the POD 2.  i also think that with the guitar port you'd be using the gearbox software with it, which means you will probably find that the pocket pod tones are a lesser model set, and you may have issues transferring them.

it would probably be better to get the pod xt if you want the same sounds as the guitar port.  a used pod xt would probably not be much more than a new pocket pod, etc if you watch for a bargain.

Re: Question about Pocket POD / Guitar Port
by ricksox on 2009-06-23 14:44:21

i agree with Rowbi but just to add to this; the Pocket POD's USB connection does not pass an audio signal like the GuitarPort, another reason to go for an XT device. the USB on Pocket POD is strictly for online editing with the Vyzex editing software.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.