These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Do I have to reinstall getting a new UX2 with Effects Junkie?
by keeper006 on 2009-06-23 08:30:31

I got a UX2 used off ebay that only had 1 basic install disc and didn't have the Effects Junkie add on. It stopped working after 2 months, but I liked it so much I just ordered another one-this time new from a licensed dealer so I could get the warranty and register it. It comes with all the discs and Effects Junkie. My question is, if I have already downloaded all the updates and drivers when I got the 1st one, will I have to reinstall with the new disc(s) just to add the Effects Junkie pack? Or does that come seperate where I'll just be able to add it to what's already there? Is there anything else I'll get with the new one that I don't already have installed from the site updates?Thanks for any advice.

Re: Do I have to reinstall getting a new UX2 with Effects Junkie?
by ChaChing on 2009-06-23 09:57:51

Hi,

No you will not have to do that. The software, that is drivers, POD Farm and/or GearBox, is the same.

The only thing you will need to do with the UX2 is authorize it for use on your system. You can do this by running Line 6 Monkey with the UX2 connected, then click the 'Authorize' button at the top.

Thanks

Line6Sach

by keeper006 on 2009-06-23 10:04:11

OK, thanks, that's good to know, but what about the effects junkie pack? I don't have that from the updates I got at the website when I installed the first one, so will that come as a separate disc with the new one that I can just add to what I already have?

by ricksox on 2009-06-23 10:29:30

The authorization will also activate your FX Junkie model pack.

Line6Miller

by keeper006 on 2009-06-23 13:27:08

Thanks a lot guys, that's what I needed to know. Incidentally, the other UX2 is the 1st Line 6 product I've had that quit on me (I have 2 of your amps and several effects) and that along with this kind of support is why I keep buying your stuff. Thanks again, keep up the good works.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.