These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: ToneCore Development Kit

How do I make my Echo Park pedal play the first note?
by libertybellcdr on 2009-06-23 19:33:43

On any effect setting, the pedal never plays the first note.  It only plays all the notes after the first count.  Is there a way to enable it to play the first note?  I am having to play everything one count ahead of the music to make the notes align.

Re: How do I make my Echo Park pedal play the first note?
by fester2000 on 2009-06-23 19:38:24

libertybellcdr wrote:

On any effect setting, the pedal never plays the first note.  It only plays all the notes after the first count.  Is there a way to enable it to play the first note?  I am having to play everything one count ahead of the music to make the notes align.

The only way that makes any sense would be if you've got the "mix" knob maxed out so you're only getting the delayed signal and not the raw tone.  What happens if you turn the mix all the way down (counterclockwise)?  Does it still happen?  If so, your pedal sounds like it may be broken somehow.

Cheers,

Fester2k

by ricksox on 2009-06-24 10:09:56

I agree with fester. It sounds like you may have the Mix cranked up on your delay model. Let us know if turning that down helps at all.

Line6Miller

by libertybellcdr on 2009-06-26 15:45:48

That was the problem.  When you read the manual, it describes mix as how much of the delay is "mixed" in with the regular tone.  They fail to mention, that at some point, it will overtake the original tone.  I turned it back, and all is good!

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.