These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

VYZEX Editor Screen - Not able to see all items
by DCWALSH on 2009-06-29 08:03:57

The screen is fixed size and does not display all the tones in the list and it does not provide an in window scroll.

Is this standard as I am using it on a notebook. Are there any planned updates? Can you use gearbox with the pocket POD?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Re: VYZEX Editor Screen - Not able to see all items
by ChaChing on 2009-06-29 16:50:23

Hi,

No, the Pocket POD will not work with GearBox.

Can you give a little more detail? What is cut off? Can you send a screenshot? You may consider uninstalling & reinstalling the Vyzex software to be sure it installed correctly.

If that does not help, please complete a support profile so we can better assist you: http://www.line6.com/account/supportprofile/

Thanks

Line6Sach

by DCWALSH on 2009-07-01 09:03:51

I have created a support profile DCWALSH.

SNAG-1.jpg

hope this helps to allow you to come up with a soloution.

Thanks

Dave

by ricksox on 2009-07-02 09:02:34

Hello,

Have you tried dragging the GUI down from the bottom right corner of the interface? Also, does expanding the Edit window make the screen any larger?

Line6Miller

by DCWALSH on 2009-07-03 01:40:16

As I stated in the original message the screen size is fixed with no scroll bars. It does not allow expansion by dragging any corner side etc. It obviously has been created for a specific screen resoloution and not suitable for all users.

If there are any updates mods patches etc availble it would be helpful otherwise the Pocket POD is virtually stuck with only its presets and manual mods using the actual POD.

This seems very unlike Line 6 to produce something that is very badly software supported.

by PsicraftTony on 2009-07-03 15:29:20

DC & Miller,

The Vyzex application is a fixed size window. If scrollbars appear then you are running it on a monitor with a smaller screen area than 1024x800, which is below minimum requirements.

As mentioned in other threads where users of smaller screen laptops have posted with this problem, setting your Windows taskbar to 'Autohide' will resolve the issue if your monitor is close to the minimum requirements. Otherwise, please stand by for the next release of the software which has been reduced in height by 20 pixels to permit users with smaller displays to run the editor without issues.

We are not planning to reduce the screen size to support even smaller netbook displays, incidentally.

Best regards,

Tony

by DCWALSH on 2009-07-05 11:15:11

Many thanks for an honnest answer.

I will look at using the software with another PC.

by savalefaire on 2009-10-14 12:08:11

Hello,

I join a screen shot of VYZEX vers 1.17 of 14 july 2009, on my TV LCD HD ready 81cm at résolution 800 x 600.

You can sea that setting the Windows taskbar to 'Autohide' no resolve the problem because the screen is cut and the Wha option not appears at the bottom.

Tony : Vers 1.17 is the next  release of the software you spoke to resolve de problem?

Higher résolution on the TV is no good to sea clearly VYZEX , because charcaters are too smal.

So, my initial question is not resolve  (my question of 5 mai 2009 ).

Providing an in window scroll for WYZEX could be the solution.

Thanks

by billdale on 2009-11-21 02:49:49

I am running Windows XP Pro with a screen size of 1152 X 864, in other words bigger than the minimum that you say you need to display the full screen. Unfortunately this does NOT display, for example on the SET view the Wah pedal settings only have the first line, so you cannot toggle Wah or change settings. On the EDIT view the screen stops at Channel Bank 30D. I waited for a considerable time (around a year) to see if this problem would be resolved but it seems that it is still outstanding. This is NOT a problem of screen size, since I am running at greater than the minimum specified.

I have since purchased other (non-Line 6) products since I do not want to waste any more time on this software. If it is not going to be fixed please tell us (and LIne 6). If it is fixed, then please let us know how to access the fix for it.

The Pocket POD may be inexpensive in price, but it is proving to be very expensive in time.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

by PsicraftTony on 2009-11-21 03:02:50

Bill,

You do have your start menu set to 'Auto-Hide', right?

Tony

by billdale on 2009-11-21 03:13:39

Tony

It makes no difference whether it is set to autohide or not. The VYZXEX screen occupies a smaller screen area - there is plenty of real estate around the VYZXEX application, It just cuts off the bottom of the application GUI.

Appreciate your help.

Bill

by billdale on 2009-11-21 03:43:31

Tony

Please ignore previous post. Have reloaded VYZEX and now can see all the items. Thanks for your help and sorry for taking your time up.

Thanks, Bill

by PsicraftTony on 2009-11-21 10:45:18

Not a problem, Bill - Glad to hear you are back in business.

Cheers,

Tony

by ghowse on 2010-05-22 18:08:33

Tony

I am running v1.17 on a netbook at it's maximum allowable resolution (1024 x 600) and have autohide turned on.  Like the guys above, I can't see much of the bottom of the interface including the wah contols.  There are no scroll bars or corners to drag out to show more.  The program is maximised.  See attached screen shot. 

When is the version which supports lower screen resolutions going to be released?

Regards

Geoff

by PsicraftTony on 2010-05-22 18:36:32

Geoff,

As I mentioned in my post above:

> We are not planning to reduce the screen size to support even smaller netbook displays, incidentally.

If you are having issues with the editor at a display size that is close to the minimum height, it helps if you set your Windows taskbar to 'AutoHide'.

All this said, we are looking into ways to support iPAD and Netbooks with retail editor products that are designed for their smaller displays - When one of these products supporting PocketPOD and/or Floor POD Plus is released we will be sure to announce it here.

Best regards,

Tony

by ghowse on 2010-05-22 19:35:49

Thanks Tony, although it's not the reply I was hoping for.  Like I said above, I have Autohide turned on but still can't see the bottom of the display.

Incidentally, I did figure out a workaround.  I set screen rotation to 90degrees when I'm running Vyzex.  Then I see the lot.  It's inconvenient, but at least it works.

Regards

Geoff

by PsicraftTony on 2010-05-22 20:27:38

Hi Geoff,

I appreciate you sharing the workaround with the forum. It's important to bear in mind that we designed both Line6 Vyzex editors before the netbooks came along - At the time, 1024x768 was the absolute smallest any modern PC was running - At the time it seemed that screen resolutions and sizes were only going to go up.

This is no longer the case of course, so we are addressing it in our new product development - You can take heart that any retail Vyzor editors we release for a product originally supported by a free Vyzex version will have a significant discount worked into their price, and that these applications are also going to be priced reasonably in the first place. That said, I will not rule out a free update to the Vyzex editor in the future that reflects some newer functions like the scrollbars you want - I am just making sure it is clear we don't have such an update planned at this time.

Cheers,

Tony

by mrgum6y on 2010-09-09 06:04:14

Hi Tony

To continue the conversation you had back in May,

Although scroll bars would help provide access to all controls, scroll bars are not exactly what I as a users want.

What i would like like is a program that adapts to the screen size so that all of the controls are available all the time.

Instead of the idea of a single rack of n items that is x wide and y height, id much prefer a system of multiple racks (screen width/n wide)

Maybe dragging them around by the screws, anyway here is the picture that shows what i mean.

podSuggestUpload.jpg

(Even if you did a quick recompile of the current version like this for  1024X600 netbook users

and called it 'netbook' edition. The appreciation would be immense)

Anyway let us know on progress, if you can.

mrgum6y

by RafaLibrenz on 2010-10-07 01:05:29

I have a netbook with a 1024x600 display, and I have the same problem.

by alexbrackin on 2012-01-03 10:46:05

If you have screen issues... (also posted here for future seekers)

I have found a solution that works perfectly for fitting the editing screen on the smaller net-book screen.  I have an Acer Aspire One. I had the same problem many people are having and, after scouring the net and message boards here, I found several programs that allowed one to virtually expand the screen... great!

Unfortunately, this exposed another problem.  The Line 6 HD500 (and probably the others) would only open to the size limits set by the screen...  So now I could only more clearly see where my window was cut off.

I now had a window that was 600 pixels tall, but needed to be 730 pixels tall.

The best virtual screen program I found was “Infinite Screen”. In fact, I found the link here, in this community.  It was easiest to use, but still wouldn't re-size the program window.  In desperation, I sent an email to the guy who wrote the program, explained my situation, and asked for help in finding a solution.  He promptly emailed back with a promise to look into it.  Two days later he said “Try this”.  The dude added an Oversize function to his program!!!  It absolutely works perfectly!!!!

If you need it – go get it – IT'S FREE!!!!!!

http://ynea.futureware.at/cgi-bin/index.pl

style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif;">Look for “Download Standalone Binarycoded” then the link is right next to that...

Do the install...

Open the Infinite Screen and Line 6 programs...

Move the cursor to the bottom screen edge...

Press CTRL, then scroll the mouse down...

(It'll look like the Line 6 program is moving up and off the screen)

Go to the Oversize tab on Infinite Screen...

Highlight the Line 6 program in the list...

Use the controls in the bottom right of the Oversize window to adjust screen size...

Go back to the Main window and Apply, then OK.

One note – if you move the window back down too far, it'll revert back to the original size (600 pixels, in my case).

Send the guy a “Thank You” email.  He didn't have to do this at all, much less so fast!  Heck, send him some financial support!  He's a class individual!

I hope this helps y'all!

by khushalbhadra on 2012-06-14 00:35:44

They need to update the Vyzex editor for Pocket Pod. Its really very difficult to work on it and save presets. It needs to be more user friendly leaving alone all the bugs.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.