These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

FBV Express Problem
by Monte_Lawson on 2009-06-30 14:09:15

I bought The FBV Express For the Spider Jam Amp. I Plugged it up, Simultaneously pressed A & D Buttons to calibrate and it and now I get no volume at all from the volume pedal. Plus the pedal will not switch to thw Wah function. What is the problem?

Re: FBV Express Problem
by RollDdice on 2009-08-17 14:50:56

I just solved my FBV Express/Spider Jam problems today with the help of Steve at Guitar Center and a Tech at Line 6.  Here's what I've learned.

The printed instructions are not quite accurate. The correct steps to calibrate the FBV Express are as follows:

1. Plug the CAT 5 cables into the FBV Express and the Spider Jam

2. Power up the amp. Wait for the green LED light next to Vol lights up on the FBV.

3. Press and hold the A and D buttons simultaneously and hold until all the lights go off on the FBV. (around 3 seconds)

4. Rock the pedal forward and back for about 10 seconds. (You'll feel like you're pumping up an inflatable pool toy)

5. Press forward on the pedal until the Wah light turns on in addition to the Vol light. This may take a bit of pressure. To put in the words of the Line 6 Tech; "Stomp on the front of the pedal as if you're trying to break it."

6. Rock the pedal back all the way back toward your heel.

7. It may work perfectly then. Or in my case, I had to power cycle the Spider Jam amp again.

Also make sure the Spider Jam amp is set to FBV - Normal and not Recording before you start this procedure.

Hope this helps!

- H

Re: FBV Express Problem
by laplayantonio on 2009-08-26 03:56:40

hello all

to avoid confusions and, as the above info isn't correct, HERE IS THE 'RIGHT' CALLIBRATION PROCEDURE FOR FBV EXPRESS:

1) Unplug the RJ45 cable from your FBV EXPRESS

2) Hold down the A and D switches

3) Plug in your RJ45 with the switches still depressed and hold this for 10 seconds (you will see the LED go blank)

4) Move the expression pedal to the heel position and then all the way forward to the toe.

5) Shift all of your weight to the toe position (you will want to stand up) until the WAH light switches on.

6) Wait 10 seconds and click back to VOL. Your FBV EXPRESS is now calibrated.

cheers...!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.