These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

pod hd 500 on micro cube set up!
by Andrewthemok on 2013-03-24 22:40:07.7740

Hey guys. A few days ago, i got myself a pod hd 500 .therefore, I would like to know the best way to start up the pod hd 500 on a roland micro cube amp to make it sound great for home practice! Besides that, im also looking for a good configuration for live performances.   I seem to be having trouble with the out put and input setup. Should I plug into the front guitar input and set the outputs to combo front? Or straight into pa? And set then out puts to direct? I tried these methods but the tone that I want isnt coming out. .  Is it because of the amp that I dont get a satisfying tone? Please advise!

Thank you!!

Re: pod hd 500 on micro cube set up!
by bjnette on 2013-03-24 23:56:54.6080

Use the aux or CD input on the cube and connect left right analogue outs from the HD. You might want a stereo 1/8th jack into two 1/4 in jacks for this.

More volume might be available going thru the clean channel using a guitar cable in on the HD outs to the guitar input on the cube but this is not the most ideal for tone when pushed.

by Andrewthemok on 2013-03-25 03:21:49.6980

Hey thanks for the reply!  But what out put should I select in the hd500 setup?

by bjnette on 2013-03-25 04:15:24.1770

Studio Direct will be fine and so too power amp.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.