These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

pod hd 500 on micro cube set up!
by Andrewthemok on 2013-03-24 22:40:08

Hey guys. A few days ago, i got myself a pod hd 500 .therefore, I would like to know the best way to start up the pod hd 500 on a roland micro cube amp to make it sound great for home practice! Besides that, im also looking for a good configuration for live performances.   I seem to be having trouble with the out put and input setup. Should I plug into the front guitar input and set the outputs to combo front? Or straight into pa? And set then out puts to direct? I tried these methods but the tone that I want isnt coming out. .  Is it because of the amp that I dont get a satisfying tone? Please advise!

Thank you!!

Re: pod hd 500 on micro cube set up!
by bjnette on 2013-03-24 23:56:55

Use the aux or CD input on the cube and connect left right analogue outs from the HD. You might want a stereo 1/8th jack into two 1/4 in jacks for this.

More volume might be available going thru the clean channel using a guitar cable in on the HD outs to the guitar input on the cube but this is not the most ideal for tone when pushed.

by Andrewthemok on 2013-03-25 03:21:50

Hey thanks for the reply!  But what out put should I select in the hd500 setup?

by bjnette on 2013-03-25 04:15:24

Studio Direct will be fine and so too power amp.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.