These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Pro

No MIDI Pod Pro
by dcwailin on 2009-07-07 10:53:01

Hi All,

I have a Pod Pro (eprom ver 1.3) and am not able to get midi communication with it. I have had it since day one and tried in the past with no success.  This time I'm putting more of an effort to take advantage of all the great tones that have been posted.

I am running the latest version of Monkey and Line 6 Edit on Vista and XP.  Yes the cables are connected properly (in to out and out to in).  The cables work with other midi equipment and the connections are'nt dusty.

At first I thought it might be the interface (emagic mt4), so I picked up an M-Audio Profire 610 which has a midi I/O.  I assume it would be compatable because a lot of people use it's baby brother, the Uno with success.

Has anyone had the same problem or have a solution?

Dan

Re: No MIDI Pod Pro
by Rowbi on 2009-07-07 11:35:54

how about trying the POD with a MIDI connection to your other midi gear, as that would be another test to see if MIDI is actually working at all on the POD Pro you have.  just something simple like Program Change messages.

by ricksox on 2009-07-07 12:27:26

I've never used that M-Audio interface before but historically, I can tell you that I have talked to others who have tried to use audio interfaces such as Digio's etc. to connect their Line 6 devices to our software and have had no success. We recommend the UNO because it's sort of built specifically for MIDI use only and we know it works.

The emagic device may not work great either. I can tell you that Edirols, Yamahas, and the UNO have all worked well with our PODs and amps in the past. I would still suggest the MIDISport UNO.

One other thing, make sure you have the latest drivers for your Profire downloaded from the M-Audio site. I've seen some flaky class compliant M-Audio drivers in the past cause some issues as well.

Line6Miller

by dcwailin on 2009-07-08 18:33:30

Thanks for your prompt reply Line6 Miller,

My next step is obviously to pick up a midi sport uno as we know it definitely works.

I plan to do that after a week of holidays and I'll take it from there.  I'm hoping that will work, but I'm suspecting there is a problem with the POD.

I'll report back after then.

D

by dcwailin on 2009-07-08 18:47:39

Hi Rowbi, and thanks for the reply.

The other midi device I have is a simple keyboard controller to trigger Vsti's in Logic Audio 5.3.

I just tried the controller and it does do simple program changes!  Great news, there is midi communnication!!

My next move is to pick up an Uno and see where that takes me.

D.

by dcwailin on 2009-07-30 08:16:27

Well, I'm back and have purchased an m-audio midisport.

Line 6 edit now see's my pod pro!!  I guess it's just fussy about which midi device it wants to talk to.

Thanks again folks!

D

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.