These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Direct Output Recording
by Simonbrush on 2009-07-18 10:16:43

I would like to use my Toneport UX8 to record live performances of my rock band. In the past I have accomplished this by using the insert sends on my mixer to send each channel's signal into an input on the UX8:

Mic --> Mixer input 1 --> Insert Send --> UX8 input 1

...and so on.

However I would like to use the inserts on my mixer for effects/compressors/EQ's. My plan is to do the following on each channel:

Mic --> UX8 input 1 --> UX8 output 1 --> Mixer input 1

Mic --> UX8 input 2 --> UX8 output 2 --> Mixer input 2

Mic --> UX8 input 3 --> UX8 output 3 --> Mixer input 3

Mic --> UX8 input 4 --> UX8 output 4 --> Mixer input 4

...and so on.

In other words, I would like to link each channel's signal on the UX8 directly to the corresponding numbered output. I assume that there is a way to do this, but the UX8 seems to want to sum everything down to output 1 & 2.

I am using Garage Band on a Mac.

Thanks,

Simon

Re: Direct Output Recording
by Simonbrush on 2009-07-18 10:37:03

I think I may have found my own answer: In the "Outputs and Monitoring" tab, selecting outputs 1 & 2, mute all except input 1 and 2, assign input 1 to pan left, input 2 to pan right. Then select outputs 3 & 4, mute all except input 3 and 4, pan 3 to left, 4 to right, and so on with the rest of the channels.

I don't have the UX8 with me, it belongs to another member of the band, but I will test this and reply later

Simon

Re: Direct Output Recording
by DerMetzgermeister on 2009-07-18 11:04:56

That's right.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.