These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Where can i find a 9v AC 240 volts power adapter for PodXTlive?
by sixstringster on 2009-03-13 13:28:32

Hi im from Dubai, and i have lost my power adapter for my PODXTlive for some time now and i figured after trying some random universal adapters i should just sign up and ask you guys here. now the thing is that the dealers of line 6 here do not sell or order accessories such as adapters, i actually have some relatives travelling from the states, (virginia to be precise), to Dubai pretty soon and i wondered if they could bring it along with them, now i need to know where i can find this adapter basically anywhere in the states and how much it will cost, so i can let them know. i would really appreciate the help thanks.

Re: Where can i find a 9v AC 240 volts power adapter for PodXTlive?
by Rowbi on 2009-03-13 14:13:05

these guys ship to all of europe, maybe thye'll ship to dubai: http://www.thomann.de

but any 9VAC 2A supply will work fine.  as a matter of fact, because the same supply can be used to power the XTL and X3L and those pedals also power a variax, so you could probably get away with a 1.5A power supply which may be a little easier to find... but there's no guarantee's that would work so do that at your own risk.

Cheers

Rowbi

by ChaChing on 2009-03-13 14:40:07

Hi,

Aside from that option, the following is from our Power Supply FAQ ( http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4269 ):

Q: I am outside the United States, what do I need to power my Line 6 unit?

Option 1: We recommended that the proper Line 6 power supply be used. Please contact an authorized Line 6 Distributor for the appropriate region. To acquire the proper Line 6 power supply for a desired country, please visit the Authorized Line 6 Dealers page to find an one near you.

Option 2: You will need a travel voltage converter. These will work fine with a U.S. version POD, provided that the travel converter is capable of providing at least 1.5 amps of current (2 amps for a PODxt) and can handle a minimum of 100 watts.

Line6Sach

by toneman2121 on 2009-03-13 19:15:19

if you can't find a p/s that has an input of 240vac and output of 9vAC@2000ma, you can purchase a step-up transformer to use with a 120vac p/s. you can google step-up transformer and find one. about 30 usd. there are also step-up/stepdown transformers. (correction to voltage output in response to a smarty pants who will remain nameless)

http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/deluxe-step-up-down-transformer.html

by PaulyH on 2009-03-13 22:25:37

If your really stuck, and you have a Super Nintendo lying around or up in a cupboard somewhere, you could use it as a tempory solution.

It is a rip-off what they charge for replacment power supplies, the Super Nintendo power supply worked fine for a couple of months until I found a good deal (but it was still a rip-off) on a replacement.

But please note use this solution at your own risk.

by sixstringster on 2009-03-14 12:34:26

Hey guys thanks for the help but i think i will use a step up converter cuz thats what sounds like a good idea at this point as i already did some research on them and i will tell my relatives to bring it along with them. thanks again!

by amitegbert on 2009-04-07 11:01:41

dude can you help me out just wanteed to know where did you get the 220 adaptor from and can i order it online ?

by toneman2121 on 2009-04-07 12:01:41

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_px1.htm

by amitegbert on 2009-04-07 12:39:04

Hey thanks for the help but are we sure the is the 220V adapter.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.