These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

A few ideas for the X3, what's everyone think?
by LaxSlash on 2009-07-28 12:10:22

I've been using the POD X3 for a few months now, and I have some ideas/suggestions for new features on the X3 and I was just curious what everyone thought of them.

1) When you have a dual tone, it would be nice if there was some way you could activate an effect for both tones at once. For example, if I have a dual tone, but I want the rotary drum to start on them both at the same time, it's impossible to do since I have to press mod, go to the second tone and then press mod there. Maybe this could be accomplished by pressing mod and tap at the same time, or stomp/verb/delay/the on off button at the same time as tap for whatever you want to activate. Of course, it doesn't have to be the same effect... like if someone wanted to have a phaser and a rotary drum, or an octaver and a distortion activated at the same time on the dual tones. For something like the X3L, maybe pressing the button on the board and holding it for a second could work.

2) Sometimes when artists record, they use more than one microphone. It would be cool if there was a way to add more than one microphone to a tone and place them at different distances. This could possibly be accomplished on the amp page of the X3, where on the second row and possibly a third if required (Maybe differently, I don't have my POD in front of me ATM. But, just to give a general idea...) it would say Mic 1 Type, Mic 1 Room, Mic 2 On/Off, Mic 2 Type, Mic 2 Room, Mic 3 On/Off, Mic 3 Type, Mic 3 Room, etc. In Gearbox, show all the mics with the disbled ones greyed out. And then click on a mic to select it, and then press a button where you select the mic type to turn mics 2/3/etc on or off. And then move the mics back and forth by dragging them as usual. Or, select mic 1/2/3 via a dropdown menu since they might be all cluttered together, and someone might accidentally click on and edit the wrong mic.

I also have some more ideas, but I'll post them later.

Anyways, just my suggestions/ideas for L6. I know that there is other higher priorities for POD Bug Updates, but just some ideas for later on down the road.

Let me know what you think!

Re: A few ideas for the X3, what's everyone think?
by TheRealZap on 2009-07-28 19:59:33

if you were just recording... meaning not playing live...

i think you can use 2 mic tones as dual to accomplish what you ask...

but it may be simpler to copy the files in your DAW to seperate tracks and use a different instance of pod farm on each track....

you can pan them/balance them set them up any way you like.. as many as your cpu can handle.

Re: A few ideas for the X3, what's everyone think?
by LaxSlash on 2009-07-28 22:22:01

I used to do that... with the dual tones. The problem was if I had a dual tone with two seperate amps and settings, then I wouldn't be able to simulate two mics on one amp. However, I like that second idea. I'm gonna try that later on and see how that works.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.