These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

pocket pod combined with distortion pedals ->no fun :(
by bennylandgrebe on 2009-07-30 08:09:00

mates,

i use my pocket pod mainly as a headphone practice amp and it works great, even with my effectpedals and my m13 but when i want to use my ods/fuzzes etc.. it sounds just terrible!

i tried everything: tweaking the pedal tone controls, changing the pedal order of my rig(because of impedance) or lowering the inputlevel that goes into my pod but nothing works everythings just fizzy..

has anybody made similar experiences or knows a way to fix it?

cheers,

benny

Re: pocket pod combined with distortion pedals ->no fun :(
by Rowbi on 2009-07-30 08:16:54

i have found that in some circumstances OD pedals will work infront of PODs, but if you're trying to get high gasin they just wont work well.  it's because you're overdriving the input on a digital device, rather then if you were using the pedal with a real amp which usually isn't so sensitive, etc

by ChaChing on 2009-07-30 16:48:05

Hi,

In addition to Rowbi's answer, it may be what you have setup on the POD itself. If anything, I would also try using the cleanest preset you have, making it as transparent as possible (turn off drive, even the EQ, disengage any FX). Then feed your external pedal in to the input and tweak its settings...see if you can get good tone that way.

Thanks

Line6Sach

by bennylandgrebe on 2009-08-01 02:13:37

thank you for your help!

this digital input thing came to my head aswell. but is this a pocket pod only problem or would it be the same with the higher priced line 6 products? i thought about getting a pod x3 pro or the vetta, but if can't use it with my fuzzes i'd be sad!

btw. when i wanted to use my distortion pedals in the m13 fx loop it sounded similar fizzy, is this the same digital input overdriving problem?

cheers!

benny

by AndyParedes on 2009-08-04 11:24:32

Tone is a very subjective topic, and it really depends on what you are going for. If you need to use external overdrive pedals before going into your Line 6 gear, we suggest that you try it out before upgrading to an XT or X3 series unit.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.