These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Line 6 FBV Floorboard problems
by disbelieve on 2009-07-30 10:32:10

Hello,

I have a Line 6 FBV Floorboard (the longer one with 2 pedals)

Recently I heard a weird rumbling sound inside my Floorboard.

I unscrewed the FBV and try if I could see more from the inside. I saw a screw that hade came off from somewhere, I figured out that the screw had to get back in its place

At the hole in M1. Though I noticed also an other hole that was empty but there was no second screw that I found loose.

So I looked underneath the Green mechanical board, and I saw a black piece hanging with a hole in it, witch looked liked it was missing a screw,

The black piece is attached to the Cable input device that runs above the green board.

I also found a weird white hard cloath, and I really don't know where that came from.

I really wonder what I must do with this situation, someone please help me.

I made Pictures with Red arrows showing the problems.

Rob,

Netherlands

Re: Line 6 FBV Floorboard problems
by Line6Hugo on 2009-07-31 11:20:56

Rob,

I'm not sure where that screw could have fallen from, but in looking at an open FBV, the hole in the FBV1 picture you posted should be empty without a screw. I really couldn't tell if anything was missing from the other pics though.

If you are uncertain and feel that the board could be damaged if the screw is not put back in place, I suggest taking it to an authorized service center:

http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by disbelieve on 2009-07-31 11:54:18

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for trying to help me.

But i still feel uncertain about the black piece underneath the green mechanical plate,

The board don't always respons well either, when pushing the knobs.

I'm going to take the board to the store where I bought it, in the hope that they might help me further, with a new board,

Or get in contact with Line 6 deliver manager.

Regards,

Rob

by Line6Hugo on 2009-07-31 16:25:57

The dealer more than likely will not have a clue about the inner workings of the FBV as only authorized service centers have access to our service manuals.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.