These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Live Volume Pedal Issues
by jesling on 2009-08-01 20:27:29

Hello,

I've had my X3 Live for a couple months, but have just recently had the time to play with it.

For the last few days my volume pedal keeps malfunctioning. One minute it is working just fine, and then it stops working.

I've tried recalibrating the pedal, but that works like a slot machine ... every so often it gets it working again.

Then after playing for a while it goes out again. It's really frustrating, especially since the pedal is brand new.

Any word of advice?

Thanks

Re: POD X3 Live Volume Pedal Issues
by jesling on 2009-08-03 11:28:34

I played my first gig with the X3 Live yesterday. I went straight into the board via xlr cables and all sounded wonderful.

The volume pedal however stopped working again. I had it working the night before, but during soundcheck it went out again.

Luckily it's always gone out at full volume so I can at least try and work around it. I'd be in trouble if it was backed off to 0 and then quit working.

I guess I'm gonna have to call the warranty folks at Line 6. I was hoping this was just something simple that I was overlooking and someone would jump in with the answer.

by marlboro20s on 2009-08-04 08:50:05

If your pod is under warranty (1 year) take it to service repair. if not, the pedal has a known issue, the optical sensors inside x3l stops working.

by Line6Hugo on 2009-08-04 09:35:57

+1 to marlboro20s

Please take your POD X3 Live to an authorized service center for repair:

http://www.line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Pleasemake sure to award points to helpful & correct responses to your questions.

by jesling on 2009-08-04 14:23:51

Thanks a lot for the response.

I don't have a service center very close, but did find one I could get it to.

I called them and they said they're swamped, but I should bring it in and they'll get it fixed.

It's still a bit frustrating to have something new, just out of the box with issues like this,

but hopefully after this fix there won't be other issues.

I've been playing around with POD Farm for the last month and loving the tones I've been able to come up with.

Took a little trial and error to figure out how to get those tones to the X3L, but I figured it out.

Can't wait to get out playing with these killer tones! I hadn't found anything for years that could match what I was able to do with my Vox AC30TB and Korg A3 processor. Now I think I have.

by andrebastos on 2009-09-04 06:56:08

I've just bought my X3 Live 2 weeks ago and I've got the same problem. I just don't know how many hours I've spent trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, but actually Line6 is wrong.

Who would be happy in buying something that costs 499.99 and it is broken right out of the box?

Who wants to buy something and hours later take it to a repair center and wait for weeks to get it serviced?

And there is no Service Center in the radius of 200 Miles of Austin, TX.

Line6: this is my first experience with your stuff, and this is not a good start. You should QA your products before putting them for sale.

Get your act together for once!

by jesling on 2009-09-11 20:14:47

Well it has been a month since I dropped my X3 Live off at the Service Center. It still hasn't made it on the bench to be looked at, but they said it should be soon. It's a good thing I'm not playing out much these days. I guess this is why I was told that it's best to own 2 of them. It's kind of sad that this was bought to replace my 20+ year old Korg A3 that is still working perfectly. I just figure that someday it would die and I didn't want to be stuck without effects.

On a more positive note ... I'm having a blast with the dual tones in POD Farm. Maybe I should just record my parts and let the band play along with the track?

by jesling on 2009-09-14 12:05:04

Well, after having my X3 Live for a month it finally made it to the bench. They called and told me it powers up just fine, and I can come pick it up.

I explained that powering up was not the issue. So, they're gonna take another look at it.

by tzmathew90 on 2013-03-07 01:46:23

Hi,

I've been having the exact same issue as yours . Although, in my case when the sound is cut because of the volume pedal issue , if I toggle the wah on , there is output but a muffled version of my original tone but without any response to pedal motion (constant output )

My best guess after scanning most threads similar to this one is the optical sensor issue . But I'm dreading that.

Is your unit fixed now ?

If yes , any idea what went wrong ..

Did calliberation work for you ?

How much did it cost you for the service / repair ?

Thanks ,

Zach

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.