These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX1, Studio Monitors, Music help
by thewolf49 on 2009-08-03 19:33:54

I am wondering how to use a pair of studio monitors for both listening to music and playing my guitar through (UX1). With my current setup I have my Logitech speakers plugged into my guitarport so that I can hear the guitar through my speakers, but I have to disconnect the speakers from my computer so I can't listen to music until I plug them back in. Could I leave the UX1 plugged in all the time and just use that as my sound card? I'm trying to figure this out because I need to know what kind of adapter to get. 1/4" to 1/8" etc. etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what I would have to connect. The goal being that I can hear music on my laptop and my guitar through the monitors.

Laptop (headphone jack)

Monitors

UX1

Guitar

Thanks...

Re: UX1, Studio Monitors, Music help
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-08-03 20:02:11

You definitely can use the UX1 as your sound card on a permanent basis.  You'll probably find that it is a better quality sound card than the one in your computer.

Cheers,

Crusty

by thewolf49 on 2009-08-03 20:13:28

So I just turn off my laptops sound card ? I'll figure it out haha. Thanks for the reply!

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-08-03 23:06:35

When select the UX1 as your audio input and output device, it becomes your sound card.

Hey, see the CORRECT and HELPFUL buttons on the replies?  You can click on those to show what information is correct or helpful for you.

Cheers,

Crusty

by thewolf49 on 2009-08-04 09:27:24

Thanks for the help, I bet my guitar will sound great through them

by thewolf49 on 2009-08-04 13:48:37

Would the UX1/Pod Farm/KRK Rokit 8's combo sound better than say a 1x12" Line 6 Valve Spider amp?

by ChaChing on 2009-08-04 15:41:21

Hi,

I would say different more than better or worse. The Spider tones were created on that specific amp / combo setup. POD Farm on the other hand will be using a UX1, your computer & your KRKs. The POD Farm setup will give you more flexibility (obviously better recording functions) with FX settings, but you will need to tweak the tones for that setup.

Best is to hear them for yourself, if possible. If you are more the live musician, more into playing than tweaking, then the Spider is a better choice. However if you are more into the recording, tone creation, etc, then POD Farm would be best.

Thanks

Line6Sach

by thewolf49 on 2009-08-04 15:59:09

more like jamming in my apartment....i'll have to try each out and see which I like better

by gareth77 on 2012-03-06 09:56:16

Hi, I have another question...

There is only one jack for the monitors...I have two active monitors Left and Right...how do I connect them both and be able to pan left/right durring mixing etc?

Thanks.

G.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.