These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Using Bass PODxt Live as midi foot controller with Ableton...
by bakur on 2009-08-04 01:17:33

Hi there...I'm attempting to use my Bass PODxt Live as a midi foot controller linked directly to my mac via USB and using Ableton 6.  I installed the monkey...but am finding myself quite confused about how to get the two to interact so as to produce the end product i am after (which is hands-free control of ableton's clips and scenes).  I'm wondering if there's some resource out there specifically addressing this...or maybe someone who has done this that I can ask a few more detailed questions to?  Incredibly grateful for any advice anyone can offer me with this one!

Re: Using Bass PODxt Live as midi foot controller with Ableton...
by Kneehow on 2009-08-05 14:58:13

The Bass PODxt Live is not going to function as a MIDI controller over USB to be able to control MIDI CC parameters in Ableton Live, if that is your ultimate objective.

You'll need an actual MIDI control surface device (Behringer FCB1010, for example) to do this. That particular device was designed to be a programmable MIDI CC controller. Bass PODxt Live is not such a device, unfortunately.

Re: Using Bass PODxt Live as midi foot controller with Ableton...
by spongaguy on 2011-10-16 23:51:19

this video says otherwise   http://youtu.be/mD87g6uz55w

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.