These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

flash memory still unknown
by tambey on 2009-08-12 22:11:19

Hi, recently my PODxt suddenly not able to use with Gearbox and Edit. I check with Monkey, flash memory display unknown. I'll manage to update it using usb, midi to usb cable, safemode. But the Monkey still show the flash memory unknown.

Please somebody help me. Thank you.

Re: flash memory still unknown
by Rowbi on 2009-08-13 00:40:49

it sounds like you may have a problem with your POD.  did this just start happening?  and it was okay before that??

there's no way to actually reset the PODs that I know of, as reinstalling the firmware effectively does the reset.  it might be worth you calling line6 tech support in 8 hours when they start work (they're in california) and having a chat with them about it, as they may know a trick or two.  apart from that, it's probably in need of a service.

Cheers

Rowbi

by tambey on 2009-08-13 02:48:23

It's workin great before this. Actually I still use it to perform at gig. The only problem is connecting to computer. Drivers is okay only the flash memory ('?' unknown) I successfully re install it but still have the problem.

by Rowbi on 2009-08-13 04:51:10

get in touch with your closest line6 service center for a repair: http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-08-13 06:02:09

Have you tried to Re-install all your Line 6 Software?

You may just have a corrupt Driver, and you will not be able to resolve this until you Remove all you Line 6 Software, and then Start from a new download & Install!

Please do not Connect your USB until the Line 6 Installer asks you to do so! As well Accept all conditions that are asked of you! (If Vista, look for a check box that you need to accept before continuing on to the "Next" phase)

In other Words, take your time to read everything before you click Next or Continue!

by Line6Hugo on 2009-08-14 11:22:27

+1 to LooneyBin

I recommend disconnecting any other USB devices from your computer (except for a mouse and keyboard) while troubleshooting this issue.  Completely remove ANY USB hubs from the computer and test the PODxt on all of the USB ports on the computer.

If it fails to work, I recommend trying on another computer to isolate the problem.

IF the problem is still present, you will need to take the PODxt to an authorized service center.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.