These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Podfarm tascam 1800 please help
by soberxyouth on 2013-04-14 12:41:40

OK guys new here, so I just switched from a pod ux2 to a tascam us1800 I'm running sonar x1 so I updated to 2.55 from posfarm with a fresh install got all my vsts running. But my problem is I want to record in stand alone it simply won't send from podfarm. It sends a clean signal in mono straight from the guitar to the computer. It's like it's bypassing podfarm and I also have gone to preferences and selected my track on the tascam which is 9, the direct guitar in located on the front. Also I still have my ux2 plugged in just for the account verification. Pod farm will play my tones it just won't record them

Re: Podfarm tascam 1800 please help
by TheRealZap on 2013-04-14 17:24:16

did you actually buy a license or are you just trying to use the license that came with the UX2 with another interface?

i don't think you can do that unless you pay for the license seperately.

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-14 21:49:53

When I talke to line 6 support they said as long as I keep the ux2 plugged in via USB only I should be fine. Idk if maybe it's just the instrument in that's not working right on the tascam, maybe I should plug into a line in? When I change the preference from ux2 to tacam and set it to the instrument line the sound comes on but it won't transfer to sonar x1

by TheRealZap on 2013-04-15 04:22:08

I could be wrong, as i've not tried it.. but i do have a couple of toneports and the us1800, as well as a seperate pod farm 2 license... and i'm able to use pod farm with the us1800.

one thing i remember is that the output needs to be changed when you change the input, and the input doesn't seem to keep, meaning i have to set it everytime.

i've not messed with it much though, i'm using the pod hd into the 13/14 input along with the spdif (15/16 for dry) and expect i'll primarily use pod farm as a plugin during the final stages.

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-15 07:53:28

Maybe I should try running my guitar to line 13/14 instead of the direct in on the front. I know podfarm is authorized because my amp packs are working l. I just get a clean signal when I record. Podfarm plays the tones it just don't record the way pod farm sounds. I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong on the tascam not podfarm, thanks for your help so far

by Triryche on 2013-04-15 08:01:04

When you talked to Line6 support, maybe they misunderstood what you are trying to do.

I'm99.9% sure unless you purchase a separate POD Farm 2.5 computer (hardware independent license) you can not use the standalone with another device.

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-15 08:02:52

Oh ok so the vst will work but not the. Standalone that kinda makes sense. It's just hard to throw a hundred at a license

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-15 10:11:23

Ok so I got the license and it will now record Into my daw but now when I record my tones go completely different and won't change even when I turn knobs

by TheRealZap on 2013-04-15 10:50:22

is it a mac or a windows computer?

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-15 11:03:43

windows 7 64 bit, so i just talked to line6 and he said i need to upgrade to 2.55 but everytime i have its never been stable.and he also said that i need to plug my guitar into line 1 on my tascam (which is a xlr input) and that i need to open sonar first then pod farm stand alone and that didnt work. its like as soon as i select my mic input in sonar my tone completely changes, they are not adjustable either and i have to close sonar and pod farm to get my tone back when i reopen. oh and it will only record mono

by TheRealZap on 2013-04-15 12:04:33

pretty sure they're wrong about the input on the tascam.

like i said, i have the same one and i've used 9/10 from the front many times...

i only use different inputs to record my pod hd wet and dry.

2.55 hasn't given me any problems...

are you trying to use the plugin? i thought it was the standalone? because for standalone you dont need to open sonar or anything else.

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-15 12:11:01

Ok so I talked to them again apparently I HAVE to use the vst if I want to record with a 3rd party interface. So I got that up and running but it's ridiculous trying to set levels on the tascam and In the vst it's not a good tone at all it almost sounds clean. I can't dial in the input/ output and the tascam

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-15 12:11:37

And I still can't get it to record in stereo

by Triryche on 2013-04-15 12:19:54

I think who ever you are talking to is confused.

If you purchased the separate license you can use the standalone with virtually any ASIO USB device.

When you launch the standalone, are you selecting the Tascam as your device in the preferences?

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-15 12:36:39

Ya but when I selected the input in sonar I only get clean signal

by TheRealZap on 2013-04-15 12:38:22

i would use the standalone while recording and record the dry tone...

then add the plugin to the track and dial up the tone you want...

i wouldn't use the plugin while recording...

by Triryche on 2013-04-16 07:24:37

Just so we didn't miss something simple, in the mixer view of POD Farm 2.5 standalone make sure you are recording at least Tone A+B (if you have a daul tone). In Sonar is there a prefference section/tab/window....ect that allows you to enable inputs of the Tascam? Also, make sure you have the latest ASIO drivers for your Tascam.

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-16 09:55:40

Yep both lines are enabled, yes when I select the input in sonar to select my line all of a sudden my podfarm tones will change and they will not be adjustable after that. And all the drivers are updated

by Triryche on 2013-04-16 10:43:15

I know it's a huge PITA, but if it were me I would download a demo of Reaper and see if it behaves the same.

I would also submit a ticket

http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

Youhave 30 days to get you money back, so if you don't get it sorted out make sure you don't miss the deadline.

by soberxyouth on 2013-04-16 20:16:23

Well I got the vst working, I guess that will have to work, and it will only record mono. I told line 6 someone I talked to had standalone working with the same interface ( you) and I was actually talking to the same rep as yesterday and he said that what ever you had with standalone was some kind of glitch

by TheRealZap on 2013-04-17 05:32:50

actually that was me, and i've done it on both windows and a mac.

kind of doubt a glitch would follow from one computer to the next, much less follow from completely different environments.

having said that, on the mac it does crash when exiting the program...

i only used it a short amount of time though just to get it setup and installed.

i've been using the pod hd desktop as i mentioned earlier and will primarily use pod farm for tweaks on the finished track since i'm recording the dry as well.

by Triryche on 2013-04-17 05:43:38

Was the rep saying getting PF Standalone to work with another interface was a glitch, or just with the Tascam?

If you got the VST working, are you recording a dry track with the Tascam?

If so, are you saying you can not get a stereo out form the POD Farm 2.5 vst?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.