These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

How to configure Pod X3 Live via POD Farm
by Flex22 on 2013-04-15 10:02:39

Hello everybody! I have an issue...

I have a POD X3 live, so, when I run gearbox, it takes a current preset directly from my pod and I can configure (change amps, stomps, etc) via gearbox and hear it "on the run".

But when I turn on the POD Farm there is no sense.. Can I configure my pod like in gearbox via the pod farm or not?

I connect my pod to a combo via the "live sound" output, but the sound won't changing while I'm changing amps in the pod farm.

PS. Sorry for my English.

pref.png

sound.png

Re: How to configure Pod X3 Live via POD Farm
by TheRealZap on 2013-04-15 10:48:59

no... gearbox is the editor. you can't use pod farm like gearbox.

with the x3, pod farm is only for use as a plugin in your recording software.

by silverhead on 2013-04-15 10:58:28

The short answer is no - Pod Farm does not affect the sound being produced by the X3 device.

The longer answer is that Pod Farm runs on your computer, uses the computer resources (memory, CPU) to produce the sound, and does not directly interact with the X3 device to do so. Depending on the version of Pod Farm you have, it may or may not require that your X3 be connected for licensing/authorization purposes, and it may or may not run as a standalone application - it may run only as a plugin to your recording program running on your computer. Pod Farm takes the settings information specified by the user and then passes the sound that it has produced using your computer (it does not pass information about settings) over the usb connection to the X3 or other audio device which, in turn, simply routes the sound to its outputs.

Gearbox, on the other hand, is merely a computer-based editor for the X3 device. While Gearbox runs on your computer it does not use the computer's resources to produce any sound. Gearbox provides the user with a more convenient and graphical user interface, and communicates directly with the X3 to pass information (not sound) about presets and their settings as specified by the Gearbox user over the usb connection to the X3. The X3 uses this information to first produce the associated sounds, and then route the sounds to its outputs.

Hope that makes sense.

by Flex22 on 2013-04-15 11:16:53

Thank you!

by Flex22 on 2013-04-15 11:17:05

Thanks a lot!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.