These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD Pro: Powers up with no output/signal
by bvaladez74 on 2013-04-16 09:11:04

One more bug I've found:

My POD HD Pro is hooked up to a 100% functional Egnater Armageddon via 4CM.  Using a ground control and a few pedals before the rig.  I've noticed since upgrading to the latest firmware...when powering amp/pedal board/pod on....there's NO output, no sound...nothing.  Although I'm not positive it's because of the firmware.  As if the POD is turned off.  Every single time this happens, I can power off just the POD (leaving the head and pedal board on), power back on and it's fine.  Rolling back the firmwareversion did not fix it. 

I've tried everything.  I've narrowed it down (I think).  When I'm in the "no output" hiccup.....and I unplug the effects return from the amp/head.....of course it comes to life.  So it's as if when powering everything on at the same time the "unbalanced output L/mono" jack has not woken up....until it's powered off then back on.  I just got this a week ago and I AM definitely experienced with the POD HD ins and outs.  I'm still within the return time to exchange it for another one. 

Has anyone experienced this?  I have reinstalled firmware to 2.10 and rolled back 2 versions to see.  Same result. 

I've tried both output levels from line/amp and effects loop level from line/stomp and both vice versa.  I've tried all output types from studio/direct to power amp, etc.  It's not a cable issue and it's not an effects loop issue on my head.  I have other processors that I've tested since I noticed this with no issues.  The only thing I haven't tried is reverting back to the original firmware, which would SUCK.

Help?

Re: POD HD Pro: Powers up with no output/signal
by jimsreynolds on 2013-04-16 12:07:42

Weird.  I aint got much but just as a sanity check:  this happens on all patches right?  It is not something silly like volume assigned to expression pedal being pressed when you bend over or something like that.

Like I said .... not much!

by bvaladez74 on 2013-04-16 12:09:23

LOL.  Nah...it's a global thing.  The "bandaid" is shutting it off and on.

by bvaladez74 on 2013-04-17 10:42:05

So after resetting global settings back to default and reinstalling firmware, TWICE...the issue went away (for a couple days so far).  Lame.  Hopefully it holds up.

by bvaladez74 on 2013-04-18 21:11:16

Didn't work long term.  Issue came back, it's no consistent....but intermittent.  Sucks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.