These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

using pod hd500 with vox vt20+
by punitsoni on 2013-04-17 20:39:15

Hi,

I need some advise in connecting my pod hd500 to vox vt20. As vt20 also has effects and amp modelling. I dont know which setting will sound best. I want to use effects and modelling from hd500 and prefably use vox as just output power amp. Currently I tried with many models on vox with all effects turned off, but it still dont sound good for all patches in hd500. When I listen the headphone output form hd500 it sounds really great compared to the output from amp. Please let me know what I am missing here. Here is how I am connected.

Guitar --> hd500 guitar in

hd500 L/MONO --> vox vt20 guitar in

what should be gain, volume, eq etc settings on my vox amp.?

Re: using pod hd500 with vox vt20+
by lidxv0n on 2013-04-17 21:15:24

Just a shot in the dark here, but does that model have an "aux in"?  Have you tried setting your pod to studio/direct and coming in that way?  It may bypass the amp emulations/effects and be more in the direction you are looking for.

Good Luck.

by punitsoni on 2013-04-17 22:15:43

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I do have AUX in my vox amp.

Have you tried setting your pod to studio/direct and coming in that way?

How do I config pod in studio/direct?

Which ouput from pod do I use, L/mono. R/mono or headphone out?

What is the difference in these outputs?

by lidxv0n on 2013-04-18 13:46:38

Hi,

Section 2-8 of the Pod Hd 500 Advanced Guide 2.0 will guide in changing your routing and outputs.   I would probably just use either a mono output for the following reasons:  1.) You were coming in the front the amp so you were mono to begin with.  2.) Your vt20+ is single speaker/mono setup so why mess around with stereo outputs, etc.   Just make sure your patches are setup center in the virutal mixer in Line 6 editor or via pod hd itself.  It wouldn't help your cause to have a dual amp patch, panned hard right and left and be taking output from only left or right. 

Good luck.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.