These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Trouble with JTV69models on HD500 patches
by rajeshraman on 2013-04-18 06:26:46

Hello,

I'm having trouble setting and using Tyler Variax models on my HD500 patches.

The problem is that if the jtv69 is connected to the hd500 using VDI, all the selectors related to the variax are "greyed out" and inactive. The only way I can make any tyler variax-specific modifications to a patch is by disconnecting the variax, restarting hd500 edit, tweaking the patch, sending to hd500 and only then connecting the variax back using the VDI. Of course, as soon as I do the above, the control become greyed out again - see screenshot.

However, even if I do the above, selecting the patch does not select the corresponding model/tuning on the jtv69.

Sad panda. :-(

System Details:

Intel iMac running Mac OS 10.6.8

Pod HD500 edit version 2.21.0 (Device firmware version 2.10)

JTV-69 updated to latest firmware

++Rajesh

Re: Trouble with JTV69models on HD500 patches
by rajeshraman on 2013-04-18 06:40:35

Ok - I've been monkeying with this all night, and as soon as I send out my message the behavior changes. :-)

The boxes are no longer greyed out - I don't know what caused the change in behavior.

However, the main problem continues to exit - the guitar model doesn't change when the patch is selected.

Re: Trouble with JTV69models on HD500 patches
by snhirsch on 2013-04-18 14:36:51

I've noticed a significant amount of misbehavior when my HD500 is connected to the edit program, FWIW.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.