These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

New Spider Jam along w/new Spider IV amps???
by acoustictones on 2009-08-14 21:25:11

Anyone know or heard as to whether they will be bringing a new Spider Jam out along with the new Spider IV amps that every one seems to be talking about?

I'd be ready to purchase one of those NOW!!!

Information?

Speculations?

David

Re: New Spider Jam along w/new Spider IV amps???
by Vettaville-nl on 2009-08-15 00:20:19

Spider Jam is not a new Spider Jam, it's been around for not too long so my guess would be that they put it on the same overal page since it's fairly new..

by acoustictones on 2009-08-15 06:19:15

Yep, I did understand that.  I was more asking or wondering if anyone knew as to whether the Spider Jam would be getting the update along with all of the other recent Spider updates that everyone is discussing.

Does anyone know if they are planning on releasing a new and update Spider Jam with all of the new amps, new effects, etc?

Hope that helps clarify my original question.

David

by Line6Hugo on 2009-08-17 10:58:28

At this time, we do not have any public information on a next generation Spider Jam amp with Spider IV technology.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by MRCDH on 2009-08-31 19:49:03

Are there any planned Firmware updates that would install the Spider IV modifications in existing Spider Jam models, which as already stated are a rather new issuance?  Thanks in advance for any  and all feedback!

by AndyParedes on 2009-09-02 15:29:19

I have not heard about any possible updates at this point, but when I can post anything I will create an announcement on this forum.

by acoustictones on 2010-04-07 06:06:40

Still holding out hope for a new and improved Spider Jam and Looper (JM4) pedal based on the lastest generation of Spider amps.

ANYBODY HEAR ANY "CHATTER" ON THIS ONE???

RE: New Spider Jam along w/new Spider IV amps???
by ricksox on 2010-04-07 11:08:42

Nothing to report yet. Rest assured we will as soon as we hear anything.

Line6Miller

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-07 13:37:00

Yes this is really not Fair, I bought mine in late 2008 and last year nothing! I expect that they update the Firmware apprantly it can be done with no problems so let's update the currant Spider Jam, no need to make a new one..just new software..all teh features are there so let's REFREH this Spider Jam and get cooking!!

by acoustictones on 2010-04-07 15:15:09

Sorry Michael, but can't say that I agree with ya there.

I think they'll need to do more than simply send out a new Firmware.

If it were as simple as a firmware update they should never have updated the Spider Line in the first place.  I love the new Spiders, and simply don't think they could have done as well with a firmware there either.

And I REALLY think that Fender has set a few new feature standards that will be needed on the next Spider Jam as well.  Line 6 already has added USB streaming into their POD lines, and they already are a great sound card producing company...so why not add it to both the next Spider Jam and Looper pedal version JUST AS FENDER'S NEW DEC AMP HAS.  Fender has added the recording feature to their product, and I see no reason for LINE 6 to miss the boat on this.

So all in all I still think that if take things like all the updates that they've done for the new line of Spider Amps, plus add USB streaming for recording...plus any other features that they have up their sleeve...they'll have a HUGE winner over their current units and over what Fender has just put out.

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-07 17:51:09

If you put that Fender side by side, the Fender comes way short in the recording list, short time, no mic etc..The Spider can all ready record just fine, no need to add USB, besides USB adds latency, it's just not fast enough without a tweak..

Recordong on High Speed SD card is just fine with teh Spider, so yes a Firmware upgrade is all i need, just to keep it new and exciting, Fenders measly 30 watts sucks also..but then again it makes it a one purpose amp..

And you forgot that maybe the Jam has RCA out to record with..

I did not say I wanted everything either, just a firmware upgrade..sometiems simple is best..

Cost at makinga New Jam now might not be a good idea in todays economy now either, so upgrading is teh key somehow someway..

I am surprised no one hacked into this Jam..I should look into it..

thanks for your opinions..

-Mike-

by acoustictones on 2010-04-07 18:18:42

Mike, I think we're actually saying the same thing in regards to the Spider being a step ahead of the Fender in regards to recording.

What I was trying to point out is that the Spider Jam and JM4 already have the inputs to allow it to be a truly full recording package with the simple addition of a streaming USB port.  While the Fender only really allows for the guitar to be recorded, and the Jam & JM4 have all the inputs to make it both a great solo gig live unit and nice little "sound card" for recording.  That would simply stomp all over the new Fender Dec.

Would also love to see a nice firmware update for the existing models, but I'd be one fo the first to buy a new Spider Jam or JM4 updated model.  All my best man

RE: New Spider Jam along w/new Spider IV amps???
by AndyParedes on 2010-04-08 09:42:21

Hello,

Thanks for your input. We'll log your input as a feature request for future consideration.

Re: RE: New Spider Jam along w/new Spider IV amps???
by michaelawalker on 2010-04-08 09:50:34

So that bascially tells me no new news for my New/Old Speider Jam..which was Brand new in 2008 and now it's outdated and will remain that way, they got me all exited when i bought it and how new firmware was coming and all the updates for teh future, and we had only 2??

Not Cool and false advertising and very misleading, makes me now waht to file a Wisconsin Consumer Protection Complaint , my spider Jam and they still do, cost more than a Fender GDEc and they are still selling them at $499 ???

I think I will file a complaint...not right..

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-08 10:33:15

Mike, you're joking right?

you bought an amp based on the fact that you were going to get future firmware updates? I did a LOT of research before I committed to buying a Spider Jam and I don;t recall that firmware updates were part of the ad campaign. Maybe I missed that.

My SJ was brand new in Aug 2008 . I think early 2008 was when Line 6 started selling the amp.

Even with 1.04 firmware the SJ was waaaaaaayyyyy ahead of Fender. (and still is!)

maybe the new GDEC has improved but my research shows that it is still not equal to the Spider Jam.

If you are really that unhappy with Line 6 then you really should just sell the SJ and get a GDEC.

You offered me your SJ for $250? does that offer stand?

but come on dude - file a complaint - really???

by joegillespie on 2010-04-09 01:37:58

Everything is outdated the day after you buy it, your computer, your car, your phone. How can you possibly expect something to stay 'up to date'??? The money you pay is for what is delivered not for constant updates. Some companies charge for updates, Line6 has provided them free. Okay, we would all like even more updates but they are a courtesy from the manufacture, not a legal requirement unless specifically promised at time of sale. If your amp is from 2008, you are already getting more than what you paid for.

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 06:03:54

Who says teh money I spent was not for updates??

Your not comparing Apples to Apples here for one thing, and I I bought a Ford,  let's say with Microsoft sync in it,  and I was sold on the idea that it could and would be updated by them to make sure the maps and Software stay current..

We are talking since Oct 2008 here that Line 6 was never heard again for an update to the Spider, so it came out in 2008 then later that year we never heard from them again..

Well apply that to the car, I buy it in FEb of 2008 and October was the last update, not cool, that is why I spent the money, based on the advertising and the features..

Now all of a sudden the manufacture gives me updates as a courtesy??as if they are God??

and yes it was promised at time of sale, look at their current Advertsing on the Spider IV

We frequently Release firmware updates for our gear..Downloads and Upgrades!

This is exactly what they said in their advertising for the Spider Jam..

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-09 06:04:18

Joe,

as usual you nailed it!

too bad there's an ocean between us becasue I'd really like to buy you a pint sometime.

Steve

by Iangw on 2010-04-09 06:09:39

+1 Joe. you dont get updates on your mobile for its lifetime

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 06:20:10

Yes it did say that, It stated that it included a SD Card slot that can be used for downloading and installing updates and upgrades..  look at the current Advertising for Spider IV even they say almost the same thing.. Keep your Spider IV up to date! We frequently release firmware updates for our gear, and they may include new features, presets, or effects. To check for updates,  Same thing was said for the Spider Jam except about the pedals..  and YES when I was at Guitar Center they even showed me a Brochure that said the same exact thing..

Who said I wanted a GDEC?? I never said that...

My point is that I bought something in Feb 2008 and in October was the last update for a $500 Amp?????

i do not like to buy EXPENSIVE throw away tech..just so they bring out another model that I have to buy to get the features I need, it is how they make money..  and you are sticking up for that method??

I do not need to have all of these useless comments that seem to want to attack people..and then put words in my mouth that I never said..

Look at the current Line6 ADVERTS

Please try to pass your opinion along without an attack format, we are all entilted to our opinions and should not ask someone if we are kidding..or joking..

Oh and Yes I plan on filing a complaint, this is the only way a compnay will listen to you..

and yes the offer still stands..

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 06:22:22

Again here are people putting words in people's mouths

Who said Lifetime??

Well if I bought a Palm Pre and it only had to updates in a couple of months I would be pissed..

Do that for the iphone...

Joe did not nail anything, he did not see teh brochure and if you check they are saying the same thing for Spider IV

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 06:30:33

Now I know I have not posted much here, why? cause not much going on with the Expensive Spider Jam I bought..

But are you guys always this confrontational??

You guys are ready to just jump on people and not respect any opinion..  Here's my mind set I am 50 years old and I do not like spending my hard earned dollars on a $500 amp that was suppose to update, they updated the Spider IV recently, I am sure they can do it for the Jam..   they just choose not to, because hey want people to buy the new   Look at Soloflex Company if anyone remembers that here..like the company owner stated his mistake was making something that lasted a lifetime..so guess what? no money money his product was so good no one needed to buy a new one..  I can see buying new every so many years but not the next year, no way..all of 2009 nothing happened for the Jam nothing..and to tell me I am expecting to much makes me wonder who taught you about economics..

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 06:31:31

WE are not talking about Mobile phone's and we are not talking about a lifetime..who said lifetime?? I never did..

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-09 06:41:36

relax dude - nobody's being confrontational here

the comments are very reasonable

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 06:48:15

Oh Really?  who says you??

Yes you are...I have 3 people here asking what your problem is...

Your comments were not reasonable..

No need to attack people and say things like Are you Joking?, then putting words in my mouth that I did not say like, "for a Lifetime" etc..

this just accelerates others and that sounds like what your after..

I think it is very valid concern I have that I paid $500 for an amp that lasted one year in updates. Actually not even..then forgot about..and yes they stated it would be updated when I bought it and so forth..

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-09 07:18:41

alrighty then!

hope your day gets better

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 07:33:31

My day is fine, could not be more excited..

I just do not get into people that do what you do..

To old for that...I run alot of Yahoo Grups and even won an Award and I do not tolerate that type of comments or junk for any member..

A guy just bought a new Spider Jam in June last year and he said teh same thing, most were waiting for a ship dtae on it in April of 08 and finally got mine in October of 08 and in 09 nothing happened wth it since oct 08..

Not right..

gereat Amp I love it, i love it so much that I would like to see an update with more amps and presets like they did for the Spider IV

then I got yelled at by you guys...

Werid..

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-09 10:08:21

well Mike I really don't think anyone was trying to be confrontational or yell at you but that doesn't really matter...what matters is that you took it that way and for that I do aplogize.

Speaking for myself - I really did not mean to offend you.

And I am quite sure the others did not mean to either.

I hope you will accept my apologies

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 11:14:43

I accept thank you, now I want to enjoy my Spider Jam...:) Do you own one?

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-09 11:19:57

you bet! got mine in aug08 from musiciansfriend.com

by far the most FUN piece of gear I have ever purchased (next to my telecaster that is)

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 12:02:01

I wish there was a way to share settings. that would be cool..

by joegillespie on 2010-04-09 14:30:00

Michael, I don't understand why you feel you've been shouted at. We are entittled to express our opinions and nobody, as far as I can see, has done anything other than that. We are not out to put anybody down. In fact, we would all like to see more updates to the Spider Jam firmware. Having said that, I am very satisfied wirh my SJ as it is, which is not not always the case with products that I buy. Okay, I've had problems with it but they have been fixed at zero cost to me. If I want 'more', as you put it, I am happy to pay for it, I don't expect it as part of the original deal. I have had my money's worth. I can't speak for everybody but complaints are few as far as I can see. Just try updating a Fender Twin Reverb and see what it costs! The Spider Jam does what it says on the tin. If you want 'more', maybe you should sell it and consider something else. The used values are very good!

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 14:51:50

Joe, if we are all entitled to our opinions, how come your telling me that I should get what I get then???

Mike, you're joking right?  you bought an amp based on the fact that you were going to get future firmware updates? I did a LOT of research before I committed to buying a Spider Jam and I don;t recall that firmware updates were part of the ad campaign. Maybe I missed that.  Everything is outdated the day after you buy it, your computer, your car, your phone. How can you possibly expect something to stay 'up to date'??? The money you pay is for what is delivered not for constant updates. Some companies charge for updates, Line6 has provided them free. Okay, we would all like even more updates but they are a courtesy from the manufacture, not a legal requirement unless specifically promised at time of sale. If your amp is from 2008, you are already getting more than what you paid for.  This is where I felt you guys bashed me for my Opinion..  So if we are all entitled to our opinion, then leave it be that way..  you put words in my mouth like. "Legal Requirement" I never said that, if my amp came from 2008, I'm already getting what I paid for..Who let you decide??  Your telling me to be happy with what I have, well I am not and that is my opinion, so take your own advice, or can I say that is my opinion, you will not force your opinion on me though..

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-04-09 15:07:03

Mike,

Joe is one of the BEST guys on this forum and he has even gone to all the trouble to put togther a great web site (out of his own pocket)

If you check his site he has put a lot of work into it and he gets no reward other than helping owners of the Spider Jam.

Joe does more to support the Spider Jam than Line 6 does!!

I have read through this thread again and again and I still fail to see why you think we yelled at you.

Of all people, you, who run a bunch of yahoo groups, should be the first to understand how easy it is to misconstrue the meaning of a message on a computer.

As for sharing tones for the SJ check this http://www.joesjamblog.com/tones3.html

its not a 'digital' method per se but it gets the job done.

If you've got some good tones dialed in please do share them.

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-09 15:21:21

Yes I checked it out, that even has not been updated much..and I see he is in business for himself also..Mainley web stuff..

I did that all when I was younger like him also..

I did not realize it was him doing this to me though...

Not a good thing, we are entitled to our opinions..

Remember I own Spider Jam also, one of the first, and i like it, that's why I would love to see some kind of support other than Joe doing it..We paid alot of bucks guys..

Thats' my opinion, let the guys with the big buckes do it, and let's not Kiss their you know whats all the time..people make change..

-Mike-

by joegillespie on 2010-04-09 21:48:15
I did that all when I was younger like him also..

Younger like him??? Michael, I am fifteen years older than you, 65 this year. I was still playing in a band until six months ago but have just retired to the seaside. I have my Spider Jam and Telecaster at my side always - plus a few other bits an pieces ;?)

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-10 05:40:12

You did not understand that to well I guess, i did what you are doing now, when I was younger.. how's that better??

by Iangw on 2010-04-12 06:05:03

To be quite honest Michael I don’t quite know what you are moaning about I think the Jam has a lot to be going on with without asking for updates the updates will come when they are ready like Joe I am quite a few years older than you and cant quite work out what all the fuss is about this is a great piece of kit as it is so get on and use it no disrespect intended on my part

by ezrydr on 2010-04-12 06:13:44

I smell a troll

by timothybaugh on 2010-04-12 06:13:44

The Spider IV is a new amp model - it's not possible for a firmware upgrade to turn your Spider Jam into a Spider IV Jam. Line 6 will need to re-engineer the product. Like you I bought mine when the amp was released and in fairness Line 6 have supplied at least one major update. I don't think we can complain.

Spider IV's product manager Scott Waara. "We wanted to see if we could improve on what we and some of our customers perceived as not being our strongest points without altering the things that already work well. We carried out surveys and then just came back to the amp and tried to satisfy our ears and instincts.

"One priority was improving the mid-gain, edge-of-break-up tones. We did this by both adding some new models and by making all of our models more responsive to the player's touch. We had some ideas on how to do this in our approach to the software code, and it seems to have worked very well. Another major priority was getting all the amp models to feel better, achieved by working on both the software code and the cabinet."

The quote above came from a review of the Spider IV in the UK magazine Guitarist. Having played a Spider IV in my local guitar store I can say the amp models and effects sound much better than the existing Spider Jam, so I hope Line 6 produce an updated version of the Spider Jam.

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-12 06:13:51

There is no fuss, I was asking Line 6 why they have not bothered to update the Spider Jam, it is a valid question, was nto meant to be answered by you or Joe..

Not new to these Forums, I have been on here since 2008, I find some of you people very confortational and un informative.

It was a valid question and I was hoping to get a valid response from Line 6, or infomation from others.

I have a right again to my opinion and not to be opressed by you or anyone else on here.

People like you and Joe who seem to want to exude some kind of authority over me is not gong to work. Especially by AGE, I think my age of 50 is quite enough and qualified to ask valid questions and valid possible complaints.

Now please just drop the usless comments that seem to want to attack and adress the issue.

Answers liek Line six will update when they want and yuo just wait is just plain obsurd.

I paid Big Money for a product and expect service and updates as a cusotmer as it was advertised to me back in October of 2008..

Sticking up for Line 6 is sounds more like a bully mentality..

by ezrydr on 2010-04-12 06:17:56

I was right - troll

seems you are the one who can't leave it alone.

one of the most unreasonable and argumentative posters I have ever seen on this forum

go ahead Mr Mike. take your best shot.

age 50?!! more like 10

by Iangw on 2010-04-12 06:27:18

I think i have to agree with you after all the kids are on hols this week

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-12 06:44:43

I agreee, or update it...nowdays cost factor i think is why they updated teh Verison IV, and not produce another amp like they normally do..

With the capabilitys of the Spider Jam, it just makes sense to offer and upgrade and even charge for it, I would pay for it even...

The spider Jam is one hell of an amp and the capabilitys are way different to the Spider IV, I was thinking about just selling this Jam and going with the IV, but I would hate to give up what I have now..

I like the fact that they have software access on the IV, sharing, and also update to new features and tones..

We that own teh Jam spent alot more for our Jam, only to be left in the dust since Oct 2008..last update, now if they can do major releases they can do it again..

My Opinion again..

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-12 06:49:13

You are the one attacking me, not the other way around, so do not say I am arguing, I am just sticking up for my opinion..

You drop the attacks and name calling, why do you have to resort to name calling, did you not see on the TV news about people that bully in text??, that sounds like you..

by michaelawalker on 2010-04-12 06:50:52

and I can see that you are one of the Groupie's here part of the Bully Group eh?

Get constructive and drop the useless comments..I'm sure you have better things to do with your time then pick on me..

Again whatch the bully thing on TV..it sure sounds like you also..

by AndyParedes on 2010-04-13 10:16:33

Hello,
  There are no current plans to update the Spider Jam with the technology found on the Spider IV.  Please feel free to submit your features requests at the following link for possible future upgrades:

Feature requests
http://line6.com/company/contact/productFeedback/?topic_id=3

Line 6 has locked this thread as we have determined that it has outlived its usefulness or the discussion is no longer related to the original topic.

We encourage you to use our mechanism for raising awareness of the issue by filing a complaint with the company, or supplying product feedback. This can be done by visiting http://www.line6.com/company/contact/. Customer Support cannot determine when, how or if any given issue will be addressed.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.