These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Can only hear out of one channel?
by mike421b on 2009-08-14 22:34:04

I'm using POD Farm, and I can't seem to monitor my mic in stereo. Sound is only coming out of my left headphone speaker, which is plugged into the "PHONES" output on the POD. The mic is plugged into the first mic input(xrl).

Re: Can only hear out of one channel?
by DerMetzgermeister on 2009-08-15 08:52:12

Sorry if it's too obvious, but, Did you check that the tone is correctly panned to the center?

Not trying to be condescending, sometimes the simpler things are overlooked.

by mike421b on 2009-08-15 12:36:56

How would I go about doing that? All my settings seem to be fine. "Mic Stereo" is selected as the input, and panning knob is completely centered.

by Line6Hugo on 2009-08-17 11:21:04

Mike,

I want you to test something for me. Please set your Line 6 hardware as the default playback device in your computer's Sound control panel. Then launch a media player and play audio from it. Do you get audio from only the left output sill?

Regardless, I recommend that you completely uninstall the re-download and install the latest POD Farm software for your computer. Also, please disconnect all other USB devices (except for a mouse and keyboard) while troubleshooting this issue. Completely remove ANY USB hubs and test the POD Studio on all of your computer's USB ports.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by mike421b on 2009-08-18 00:55:17

Finally found the problem, I was worried that it was a hardware issue. It was the headphone adapter I was using, I switched it out with another one and I can now hear in stereo.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.