These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

No sound on new POD UX1 Windows vista PLEASE HELP!!!
by guitardude16 on 2009-08-15 12:47:21

Hey guys,

So i just bought this POD UX1 yesterday and I installed it last night, it was all set up and everything looked good. I plugged in my guitar to the instrument input, but i had no sound. I think I am getting an audio signal, the green bars are going up when i play a note but there is no sound whatsoever. I have the Line 6 POD farm disc in, it is installed and everything, i have the USB cord attached from the POD UX1 to my computer. If someone could help that would be awesome.

Thanks

I am getting very frustrated i bought this thing for 210$ and it doenst even Freakin work...

Re: No sound on new POD UX1 Windows vista PLEASE HELP!!!
by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-08-16 04:43:37

What are using to listen with?

And where do you have it plugged into?

Lets say you are using active Monitors! You need to plug those dirrectly to the UX1 as this unit becomes your default sound card!

<a target=new href=http://line6.com/podstudioux1/images/setup_ux1.jpg" class="jive-image" src="http://line6.com/podstudioux1/images/setup_ux1_r17288.jpg"/>

by guitardude16 on 2009-08-16 11:27:12

I have it plugged straight into my computer, can't i just use my computers speakers? They are Altec Lansing speakers and are very high quality.  Do i have to change something on my soundcard to have the sound come out of my speakers? And if so, how do i get to my soundcard settings?

Thank you very very much

by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-08-17 03:01:42

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=usbspeakers&thread.id=147

Here are some Pics on how to set up Vista´s Audio Properties! This is just to get you there.  Remember that the UX1 is a Sound card, with inputs ant outputs!

by Line6Hugo on 2009-08-18 11:19:47

+1 to LoonyBin

You need to connect your speakers to either the Headphone output or Analog Outs 1 & 2 on the UX1.

We do not support if your speakers use a USB connection to the computer, but you can try following the link that LoonyBin provided to help set it up.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by guitardude16 on 2009-08-18 13:20:52

ok, well i guess i cant use the thing then

what a waste

Re: No sound on new POD UX1 Windows vista PLEASE HELP!!
by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-08-18 13:28:20

Man!

Please give it a try?

It actually works great! Not just a simpletons thought! ( I have seen it all)

If you care?  I can help you to get fantastic results! As well as some of my favorite folks here from Space to Rowbi to

by guitardude16 on 2009-08-18 13:30:20

ok, well i have no cord to connect it to my speakers, and im not getting any audio output,  i have downloaded everything and changed my default sound thing to the Line 6 input

by guitardude16 on 2009-08-18 14:00:32

is there any way i can contact someone via msn to help me out

by 0086 on 2009-08-18 14:13:06

you want a 1/8" female to 1/4" male

plug you Altecs into that

and that into your Phones on the UX1.

you should be able to find anywhere from $1 to $4 (dont pay more than that!)

Audio Adapter, 1/8&quot; Female Stereo - 1/4&quot; Male Stereo

by guitardude16 on 2009-08-18 14:17:28

thanks, that is what ive been asking haha

So i should just buy one of those, plug it into my speakers then directly into my UX1, and i get audio output?

by ChaChing on 2009-08-18 15:07:11

Hi,

Yes...you need to plug your speakers into your sound card! Of course, the UX1 is the sound card when you have it connected, so whatever you use to monitor - computer speakers, headphones, studio monitors - they need to be connected to the UX1. You just may need the right adapter in some cases - if you have computer speakers with a regular 1/8" input, then you will need a male 1/4" to female 1/8" - as pictured. Then you will have audio.

Thanks

Line6Sach

by 0086 on 2009-08-18 17:21:18

yes~ coupla bucks and your good!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.