These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Line 6 Toneport ux1
by xbrandationx on 2009-08-30 10:39:38

I bought this a long time ago. i never really used it, but now i just tried to make it work, but my computer doesnt recognize it. i only plugged in the usb, and i dont know if i am supposed to be using any other wires. i want to know how i can fix/install this.

Re: Line 6 Toneport ux1
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-08-30 14:51:49

There have been many software and driver updates.

Go to the downloads section (see red banner in title) and download the latest everything for Tone Port UX1, including Line 6 Monkey.  Use Line 6 Monkey to register and authorise the device and any add ons you might have for the UX1.

Next go to the manuals section and download the manuals for the UX1, Gearbox and POD Farm, you will find all the information you need about hooking up the UX1.

Cheers,

Crusty

by xbrandationx on 2009-08-30 18:17:55

thank you so much. i did what you said and now it works great

by xbrandationx on 2009-08-30 19:23:35

ok i thought it was working. now i dont know what to do. i installed everything and i think it should work. but how do i record and stuff? nothing pops up or anything

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-08-30 22:30:16

What recording software are you using?  You will need to have the UX1 connected to your computer and select it as the ASIO audio device within the recording software that you are using.

When you run Gearbox, it "sends" output to your recording software, you then need to select those "sends" as the input for the track in which you are going to record.

Have you done much recording in the past?  If you are new to recording, there is a lot more to it than meets the eye.  There's a lot to learn.

Cheers,

Crusty

by ricksox on 2009-08-31 11:13:08

As Crusty mentioned, you need a recording software in order to record. Gearbox and POD Farm are not stand a lone recording applications. I'd suggest you download Reaper which is a free recording application. Also make sure to read the Recording Setup Guide on our manuals page.

Line6Miller

by xbrandationx on 2009-08-31 17:40:54

yeah ill probably just download reaper. thanks

by DerMetzgermeister on 2009-08-31 17:50:48

Line6Miller wrote:

...Reaper which is a free recording application.

Line6Miller

C´mon, Miller!

Is not even donationware or shareware. The non-commercial license is $60.

If we are going to take advantage of a company let's just direct people to a torrent of the latest Sonar, or to a warez site so they can download the H2O Cubase crack. I don't see the reason to screw Cockos which are one of the coolest software companies around.

by ricksox on 2009-09-01 16:50:34

OK. Until the guys at Reaper implement a way to force you to buy it (not urge) and maybe take away some functionality from the app (like saving maybe) I consider it free. But I suppose these are just semantics huh?

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.