These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Live button not working
by andrewk21 on 2009-03-15 13:28:57

I fairly recently (within the past year) purchased a POD X3 Live.  After only a couple of months of very gentle (bedroom -- not stage) use, the "bank down" button quit working.  It clicks, but doesn't register.

I'm a fairly decent tinkerer -- is this a common problem that I can jump in there and fix without voiding any warranties?  Or would I be better served trying to get it fixed?  What's the warranty cover?

Thanks!

Re: POD X3 Live button not working
by timowens on 2009-03-15 14:18:21

Those switches are covered for life for that kind of problem, simply get it to a service center with your proof of purchase.

There is a test for the switches if you wanted to confirm that it is a hardware issue, hold the right arrow key while powering the unit on, use the down arrow select the Buttons and press the Inputs button, now as you press the buttons the 00 will change to 10 when you press the button down and then to 11 when you let it go, go through all the buttons to finish the test, this will tell you if the problem is a hardware failure.

by andrewk21 on 2009-03-15 18:28:26

Great... thanks for your help!

by tittalwax on 2009-03-17 12:40:20

Hi,

Here is what is happening.  The buttons that you push with your foot are nothing more than a spring that pushes down on the real button mounted on a circuit board inside the unit.  The circuit board is mounted to the bottom of the metal frame with cheap pieces of plastic that just snap into place.  What is happening is the plastic piece is breaking.  This is going to continue to happen all across the D@#$board.  What I did, which I am certain voids any warranty - but I don't care since I bought mine used, is open the thing up and drill holes through the metal frame on each side of the circuit boards so I could use tie wraps to hold the circuit boards tight against the plastic pieces.  Since having done this mine works flawlessly.  The X3 live is built cheaply.  Sounds good but built cheaply.

100_0509.JPG

T.

by TheRealZap on 2009-03-17 12:51:15

were you out of duct tape? i mean... wow... that's some macguyver crap right there... looks like azz... but if you're happy rawk on!

by timowens on 2009-03-17 12:53:01

Here's a picture of what tittalwax is talking about...

by tittalwax on 2009-03-17 12:57:15

Ha ha,

Yep looks like crap but works great.  A simple little fix makes all the difference!!!!!

T.

by bernu on 2009-11-16 14:49:50

Hi,

Just wanted to give you all a big thank you! I've had the same issue (bank down button) for some time now but haven't really know what to do about it. The "correct way" of fixing this (through line6 repairs) will both take time and might end up costing me money or just fix the problem temporarily...

Any how, I opened up my unit and tightened the screws and made som adjustments and now it works lite it should again. I'm sure the problem will occur again but it's nice to know what is causin it

Big thanks from sweden!

//Björn

by willthefirst on 2012-04-04 17:59:42

Hi,

I know this post if old, but my POD X3 Live buttons just broke as well. Are they actually covered for free? Or will I have to pay?

Thanks,

Will

by TheRealZap on 2012-04-10 11:16:26

depends on the issue... and your X3... certain serial numbers have a free fix i believe its tech bulletin #44

you'd need to call an auithorized service center and have them look it up

by emiliovai1 on 2012-05-04 23:41:44

Hey Guys! New To This/any type of Forums in general but I think I got the BEST and Simplest solution to all you're X3 live button problems! See, I was trying to figure out how to solve this problem without desecrating my pedal and it came to me!!! I Used COTTON under the circuit borad that hosts the mini switches. It acts sort of a cushin that pushes upward on the board! I tried many things but my D and A switches were being B....... well, just wouldent work but fortunately the cotton fixed EVERYTHING!!!! HopeThis Helps

by desikang66 on 2012-08-20 02:33:59

ths post is really old but could u please elaborate if u still ussing the same pod

by kaptainamazing on 2013-03-28 14:55:42

When your bank button broke, was the light on it still lighting up? i recently had all of my switches on my x3 live fail, no lights, no function, no nothing.  Anybody have anything that could help me?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.