These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

bug clear channel / sync set
by Stefan_L_01 on 2009-08-30 15:18:36

Hi

i think i found a bug that existed already in 1.05

For 1.17:

Go to bank mode and clear an entry

Save the set

load the set to change over into virtual mode

Now synchronize the whole set. It will fail. That cleared entry went missing for the software, it does not finish the update. (Maybe because the name is

empty?).

In 1.05 updating whole set was much easier. I run into the bug because i use only few channels and wanted many other to be empty, so did a cleared a lot and tried to update all at the end.

Stefan

Re: bug clear channel / sync set
by PsicraftTony on 2009-08-30 16:39:58

Hi Stefan,

What you have encountered isn't actually a bug - It's a consequence of the PocketPOD's MIDI implementation. Basically, there is no command that the editor can send to PocketPOD to delete or 'clear' a preset in the device's user bank. Whenever you sync a bank that has a cleared entry, this simply means that the corresponding preset in the device will be spared from overwriting.

Also, if you prefered the way that version 1.05 worked (as a virtual editor with dedicated STORE and SYNC buttons) there is a way to switch version 1.17 to work this way instead of the newer direct mode:

NOTE: THIS PROCEDURE IS ONLY FOR USERS WHO WANT THE OLDER MODE OF OPERATION. NEW USERS ARE ADVISED TO LEAVE THE PROGRAM AS INSTALLED FOR MAXIMUM EASE OF USE.

On Windows:

1. Make sure the Vyzex editor is not running.
  2. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Psicraft\Line 6\Vyzex Pocket POD\ folder and open the Preferences.ini file in a text editor. This assumes you installed the program to your C: drive - Substitute the drive letter you installed to.
  3. Change the entry "Use Synchronized Editing=1" to read "Use Synchronized Editing=0" and save the file. Don't change anything else!
  4. Navigate to the C:\Program Data\Psicraft\Vyzex Pocket POD\ folder and delete the MQ.ini and MQ.cfg files. This assumes you installed the program to your C: drive.
  5. Now restart the program. You should see the virtual editor console from v1.05 instead of the newer v1.17 version. The program will behave as it used to, instead of as described in the v1.17 manual.

On Mac:

1. Make sure the Vyzex editor is not running.
  2. Navigate to the Applications folder and open the Vyzex PocketPOD program icon by right clicking on it and choosing 'Show Package Contents'. Navigate to the  Contents\MacOS folder and open the Preferences.ini file in a text editor.
  3. Change the entry "Use Synchronized Editing=1" to read "Use Synchronized Editing=0" and save the file. Don't change anything else!
  4. Navigate to the USER : Library : Preferences : Psicraft : Vyzex Pocket POD folder and delete the MQ.ini and Vyzex Pocket POD.cfg files. This assumes USER is your user name - substitute your user name as required.
  5. Now restart the program. You should see the virtual editor console from v1.05 instead of the newer v1.17 version. The program will behave as it used to, instead of as described in the v1.17 manual.

Let us know how it goes.

by Stefan_L_01 on 2009-08-31 15:49:52

Hi Tony

as far as i understood a "clear" only sets the channel to a kind of preset (tube preamp and so on). So if i do an "sync all", i expect the program to set this channel to tube preamp. Like any other combination of amp/cab/effect. But it does not work like this. The syn process hangs at the end. You have 1 cleared entry, you see one missing channel before it begins to hang. You cleared 3, you see 3 missing before it hangs and so on. Is it only an empty name for the channel? I test it later

Thx for the hint with the old method.

Best regards

Stefan

by tricig on 2009-09-20 10:36:39

I thought the behavior would be the same as you mentioned - I was going to use the clear / sync set process to initialize a set of empty patches.  However, I have experienced the same hanging sync set issue.  I suspected that a cleared patch was updating too fast for the ppod to keep up (i know that sounds far fetched).  However, when I filled up a set with normal patches, i.e. patches with content, the sync set was able to finish its update process.  Weird huh?

by blu07032 on 2010-02-07 08:55:31

I too encouter this problem and believe it should be classified as a bug in the sync process.  Just to elaborate, for me the issue is not about what gets stored in the blank user banks, the problem is that the set sync will not finish in the vyzex interface.  As a result the Vyzex hangs and you can not use the editor with that set in direct editing mode.

What appears to happen is that the sync on the POD completes ahead of the sync within the editor.  When the POD sees a blank user bank is skips over it for count purposes while the editor seems to count it.  For example, assume the first 3 banks are named, the 4th is "empty" and the rest are populated.  POD and editor stay in sync for the 1st 3.  At the forth bank, the POD skips it while the editor counts it.  Now the POD is on bank 5 while the editor is still on bank 4.  The POD gets to the last bank before the editor does, so the editor hangs thinking there is 1 bank left to sync.

I believe this problem existed in older releases as well so the posted work around would not help.  The only way I've found to get around this is to name all the empty banks (I set and name them "Bypass").  On the surface it appears the problem could be resolved if the editor simply forced a default name on all banks. 

But I do believe this should be considered a bug for future release.

by PsicraftTony on 2010-02-07 14:39:40

Hi Blu,

Thanks for the well worded and logical issue report. I will have our guys look into this.

Tony

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.