These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Flextone II vs. Flextone III
by revrag on 2009-08-31 08:07:34

Hi there-

I just had a friend show me his Flextone II set up and I'm definitely going to get one.  But, I checked your site and see that you have a Flextone III now.  I also noticed that you have a much nicer foot controller FBV http://line6.com/footcontrollers/fbv.html than the FB controller that he has.  I used to have a midi Ground Control pedal and I liked that I could program in preset names to make it easier to know which sound/channel I was using on stage.

So, my questions are:

1. What are the key differences between the Flextone II and Flextone III?

2. Does the FBV pedal work with either the Flextone II or the Flextone III?  If not, what is the best foot controller (similar to the FBV) for the Flextone III (I already know that the FB works with the Flextone II).

Thanks very much!

RevRag

Re: Flextone II vs. Flextone III
by spaceatl on 2009-08-31 12:03:50

Flextone IIs have been out of production for a long time and getting parts can be difficult I have heard...The Flextone III has been around for a while...The main difference is that the Flextone II is subset POD 2.0 modeling architecture and the Flextone III is a subset of POD XT...I had an AX2 (Also 2.0 I think) and I moved directly to the Flextone III...Overall I think the XT architecture sounds better...There are a few models and features that I miss that the AX-2 had...The other issue of going with a Flex II would be the Floorboard...That is also out of production...The FBV Shortboard is being replaced with the FBV MKII but the compatability is about the same...MKII has some new features and 2 extra buttons...I would suggest the Flextone III or wait for the Spider Valve MKII...That looks to be a sorta like Flextone III with the Bogner Tube Power amp...I plan to replace my Flextone III XL with that amp eventually...

by buckbo972 on 2009-09-01 07:01:54

I just recently bought a Flextone II.  Are you saying that the new FBV pedals could work with the Flex II?  I would really like to have the FBV Express, but I'm afriad it's not compatible and I can't find any information on the subject.

by spaceatl on 2009-09-01 08:03:21

Flextone II is the old Floorboard controller...Flex II and all that old Legacy stuff is gone now...Your only chance to find one is likely ebay...

http://line6.com/footcontrollers/compatibility.html

by buckbo972 on 2009-09-03 12:49:36

I know that I can use the old pedals, but I don't know whether or not the new pedals work with the old amps.  Has anyone tried it?  The compatability chard for the pedals does not list the Flextone II just the III.

by spaceatl on 2009-09-03 13:12:21

The compatability chart has since been changed (The old Floorboard compatability used to be listed)...The new foot controllers do NOT work with Flex II, AX2 and earlier...

by tubesnomore on 2010-05-18 21:08:01

I have a Flextone II and am doing an A-B test against a Flextone III as I type this (that's a lie...I actually put my guitar down so I could type).

I'll never get rid of my Flextone II.  That being said, the Flextone III has an "openness" to it in comparison to the Flextone II...seems to have more dynamic range on some models.  The FX are improved on the III as well.  As far as accessories for the Flextone II...good luck.  It kinda got tossed under the bus, which is a shame. Plan on the same thing happening to the Flextone III eventually.  If you get either one of the amps, treat it reasonably well and it'll hold up.

by cly71 on 2011-06-12 11:51:27

QUE PEDAL PUEDO UTILIZAR COM MI FLEXTON II GRACIAS

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.