These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider I / II / III

6 black boxes on spider iii 75
by donross on 2009-09-02 17:34:55

i just finished building and setting up a guitar and i wanted to test it, but when i turned the amp on the black boxes of death appeared.

i have had this problem before, but turning the amp off for a few minutes rectified it. Now it won't work at all. I tried the factory reset, but it didn't reset.

if at all possible i would like to fix it myself, because im a do it myself no matter how complicated or difficult it is guy, and i'm cheap.

Re: 6 black boxes on spider iii 75
by laplayantonio on 2009-09-03 03:13:44

I'm afraid there's only one answer for this...: http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

if it's still under warranty, then contact your L6 dealer instead

cheers!!!

by Bluestone on 2009-09-03 09:15:49

HI

Bypass the dealer and call Line 6 directly....they'll get you fixed up a lot faster....

It's a drag..I know...but the good news is that L6 will cover you no matter how long you've owned the amp...the black boxes are fatal..and L6 will help you...call them....  818-575-3600

OM

by PA_Woody on 2010-05-27 07:36:23

Bluestone, I have recently experienced the same problem and, unfortunately, that's not correct. I called that number and, IME, if your warranty is expired, Line 6 will direct you to a service center and tell you "good luck". You will have to pay for the parts and labor. The main board will run you about $90-$100 US. Labor varies from shop to shop but it will probably run you at least $75 for the shop labor. You could easily pay more for the repair than the amp is worth. My 2 1/2 year old Spider III 75 which is in mint condition except for the black box problem, is going on the scrap heap. I'll probably strip it for any useable parts (speaker, handle, corner protectors, knobs, grill clothe, etc) and trash the rest. This has been my first experience with Line 6 products and it's been rather disappointing. I've had much cheaper amps that have lasted much longer (and are still working). Live and learn.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.