These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Farm loses Addons (registered with UX2) as VST while having iLok (free POD Farm) connected
by oderwat on 2009-09-04 06:57:41

Well... I just tought it would be nice to have the (free) POD Farm offer on the iLok so I can use some of the basic POD Farm Apms on second computer mixing and jamming with another soundcard stuff while having the UX2 permanently connected on my main computer.

I knew it would not enable all bought model packs (more about that later in this text) BUT what I did not expected was that the VST Version of POD Farm now always selects the iLok instead of the UX2 as auth. device! Which means I can either not put the license on the iLok.. or have to unplug the iLok when adding the POD Farm VSTs and plug it in later to add the VSTs which need the iLok... As there are more licenses on the iLok I can't just leave it unplugged! And this just works "once" ... can't load any projects that way!

Here is the Question: How can I use the bought expension Packs bound to UX2 while having the free POD Farm license on my iLok?

BTW: It is pretty lame and a bad move guys to not allow the transfer of the bought licenses to the iLok version! I understand that you can not do this easily... because if somebody transfers it to the iLok he could bought new ones for his UX2 .. Which would basically open up a second "trade" channel for the Extension Packs for iLok POD Farm users... BUT! You could set it up in a way that the License gets into a locked state on the UX2 (installed but not useable) if you transfer the packs to the iLok.. or just sell all upgrade packs also to iLok only users!!

I own different Stuff (Variax, UX2, Packs) from your company.. Worth arround $1000+ ... I am even considering a LIVE X3 and or an Acoustic Variax but that stuff made me think a bit... I guess a lot people will feel like me... It is one thing to get your promo running.. but to make my already bought stuff harder to use... and keep me from using the bought packs with the iLok

- Hans

Re: POD Farm loses Addons (registered with UX2) as VST while having iLok (free POD Farm) connected
by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-09-04 07:18:22

But it´s Free!

To me this is a good thing!

It is the Standard Pod Farm, and it never claimed that it was the Platinum Version!

You can only run one Line 6 Device at a time (Not a new point) so if you want to revert to your Previous device you will need to re-authorize it!

If you like using the iLok device, you can upgrade the "Free" Pod Farm to the Platinum Version!

Re: POD Farm loses Addons (registered with UX2) as VST while having iLok (free POD Farm) connected
by oderwat on 2009-09-04 07:33:52

@LoonyBin-Fizzbin

Sorry.. you did not get the point at all!

I did never question if "POD Farm" is a good thing.. neither did I rant about iLoks or hardware based authorisation.

Neither did I run 2 Line 6 devices (which I could btw. as you can select the device used for POD Farm Standalone)... So you can have some Pak on one and others registered to another device.. and you can transfer them from one to another one... but that is not the point!

Nor do I bitch about that something is free and users which did not buy the extensions packs have to buy them! Actually they CANT ... YOU can't buy them ... you could only buy the platinum upgrade. Don't YOU think it would be cool to just buy.. let's say the Metal pack? ... Well I own all those packs and I bought them!

The point is: I can not use my bought software when I connect the iLok... and the WHOLE point of the iLok for me is to have licenses on it for use on different computers...

Sure.. you may say: It is free.. just don't use it or expect anything from it... but it is NOT FREE for me ... as I can't simply use it...

That said I would suggest you stop telling me that "it is free" ... I am no "want everything for free" guy.. I want usability and efficiency! And what is wrong about requesting that POD Farm VST for UX2 is USING the UX2 as authorized device even if you plug in anything on your iLok .. or (even better) let you select what device it uses for the authorisation.

That I feel BAD about Line 6 to let me not transfer licenses to the iLok is another topic.. and it is really a bad move to promote a hardware like iLok by the "free POD Farm" promotion but then not be able to make your own stuff transfer and actually use it on that "promoted" device!

- Hans

by ricksox on 2009-09-04 10:49:08

Hi,

I created a support ticket for you so we can resolve this issue. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Line6Miller

by aesebu on 2009-09-08 04:07:06

hello,same for me,i have all models pack on my podxt live but now ,i can't use them with the pod farm(i already own the plug gearbox and so the pod farm and before the ilok version,all was allright)

could you tell us if line6 has resolved your problem

thanx

by oderwat on 2009-09-08 05:04:17

Well they created a (still open) support ticket in my account.. have no solution and want to update it if a solution will be found...

So no... there is no "Answer" for the problem and they could not help so far. I think the best way is to remove the license from the iLok until it is solved or to not use the iLok if you have that option.

- Hans

by aesebu on 2009-09-08 05:58:04

thank you,

i think also that the only solution is to buy another ilok in order to transfer the license ilok ,because a license CAN'T be delete on  ilok but only move it to another key.....it will cost me the price of a new ilok .......

by oderwat on 2009-09-08 14:17:45

LOL... I did not know that you can't delete / deactivate a license and in addition.. that it COST $25 to transfer them to another account.

When I read your plan to buy another iLok to make stuff work which the software companies have to fix in the first place.. I think about getting shares of companies like "PACE Anti-Piracy, Inc" ... lol .. what a ****** up "software" world we have already!

Unbelievable.. you really want to buy another totally useless device to make stuff work you payed for????

- Hans

by aesebu on 2009-09-08 15:53:23

not really of course,and i 'm "sure" that line 6 will find a solution but it's true that today,it is the only solution(the transfer license is free for a same account and because you can have several ilok in your account)

by ChaChing on 2009-09-08 16:09:57

Sorry about the frustration guys.

Nonetheless, oderwat - If you would like to use the community, please adhere to our forum guidelines. You are more than welcome to come here for help, but please review our Terms Of Use page if you are unclear about our forum policies.

That said, both Oderwat & Aesebu, I have opened a support ticket to resolve your issue. Please click the link below for further assistance: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Thanks

Line6Sach

by oderwat on 2009-09-08 16:51:13

Sorry.. will read the guidelines closely..

BTW: I also asked PACE inc about a solution for "removing" a license.. actually it seems to be possible in a manual way by the issuer of the license.. but I think the solution will kinda permanently delete the license which is a solution but not "the" solution ,,,

I am very happy that Line 6 cares about people ... there are so many companies running forums and just don't do anything for real to help their customers!

- Hans

by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-09-08 16:54:51

Yes I agree!  They have helped me out on many occasions!

by nob_tele-cus on 2009-09-09 21:38:37

Hi

Please give me the support ticket,too.

I have the same problem

....please.

by oderwat on 2009-09-11 02:58:15

The Ticket created for this problem was closed together with the Ticked for the (workaround) solution you generously offered to me. I am very thankfull about that.

Still.. I am software developer myself and don't like bugs and unintendet behavious from a professional point of view... Let's fight em!

In fact I could not tell anybody with Line 6 hardware that it is a good idea to get the free POD Farm onto his iLok account if he uses the POD Farm VST and has Model Packs registered or plans to do so.

I wonder why you closed the Ticket for the unresolved problem? Technically the problem still exists... Do you still plan a fix for the origin of the problem (as said in the Ticket) or do you want to solve it in the same way as for me with other users and keep the VST version authorisation as it is?

- Hans

by Line6Tony on 2009-09-11 08:47:53

We hope to have a software fix shortly, but it must be tested thoroughly before release. In the meantime, we will help those experiencing this issue as best we can.  Line6Tony

by Jcarter200 on 2009-09-11 09:22:50

I wish I had read this before putting the license onto my ILok, I had the opportunity to install the license first time onto my Pod XT, but chose the ILok instead, now my Model packs do not work with POD Farm, even when I take The ILok out of my computer it informs me that the licence could not be found and that no audio will be passed through the plug in. HELP!!!

Update: Having activated the Licence on my POD XT, I now have to opportunity to disconnect the ILok key from my computer and run my model packs, however this means I can't use my Synthogy Italian Grand VST in the same project, as it requests the ILok License.

Also when running the Pod XT inside Cubase Studio 4 (32 bit on 64 bit Vista) when you try to adjust the USB Streaming Audio Buffer this causes communication between the POD XT and Cubase to stop, and the only way to fix it is to close Cubase and switch the POD on and off to reset it.

Anyone else noticed that when you put the buffer below 512 samples (to fix the latency) you get popping noises even when you are not playing anything, my computer is less than 9 months old and is pretty powerful (Intel Core 2 Quad at 2.33 ghz with 6gb memory) so this should not happen.

Update 2

Just to say that when I clicked on the tab named "About" inside Pod Farm (with the ILok Key inserted) it actually lists the Model Packs that I have installed on my computer, which is very odd seeing as though I can't access them inside Cubase while running the ILok key???

by kbostroem on 2010-03-28 15:11:13

Hi,

I am experiencing the very same issue. I own a  TonePort UX2 with several model packs purchased. And since I've gotten  myself the free iLok license, I can't use the PodFarm plugin with  the purchased models when both TonePort UX2 and iLok are connected. It's 6  months after the last post and still no global solution, it seems. I  understand it takes time to find and implement the solution. In the meantime, may  I have a support ticket, too?

- Kim

by dbagchee on 2010-03-30 20:11:20

Having the same problem here. It's on my Pro Tools M-Powered iLok so I can't  run Pro Tools and use the UX-2 model packs. What is strange is that I swore it had been working previously, it was only in the last few weeks that I noticed it, but I hadn't recorded for a while.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.