These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Downloadable tones with Vyzex Editor for Floor POD Plus?
by Dvir on 2009-09-04 13:01:57

I am trying to get some custom tones for the floor pod plus (cause i can't make good ones myself) but I need some kind of an adapter so I can connect the POD to my computer with the MIDI output. I only wonder how affective would it be to do it.

Are there any kinds of custom tones for this POD? Is there any option to get the settings without really connecting the POD to the PC? it says i need to connect a MIDI device but i wonder if there is any way to get any good custom tones without getting this adapter.

Thanks in advance

Re: Downloadable tones with Vyzex Editor for Floor POD Plus?
by PsicraftTony on 2009-09-05 00:57:22

Hi DV,

The adapter you are referring to is called a MIDI interface. These can be had for about $50 at your local music store and are very simple to use: Simply plug the USB port into your computer and then connect the MIDI plugs on the other end into your Floor POD Plus.

Here's one such example: http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=732&ParentId=114

alt="04-09-2009 11-23-33 PM.png" class="jive-image-thumbnail jive-image" onclick="" src="http://line6.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/6425/04-09-2009+11-23-33+PM_r16958.png" width="450"/>

Once you have this interface, you can visit customtone.com and download any L6T files for Floor POD Plus that you find there. Once these files are on your computer you can open them with the Vyzex Floor POD Plus editor and if you like what you hear, you can SYNC them to your Floor POD Plus.

Without a MIDI interface you will not be able to make use of the editor software, and the only way you'll be able to edit your Floor POD will be from the front panel. Still, you'll find if you try that you can create a lot of good sounds this way, so if the cost of a MIDI interface is too much, start from the basics.

Cheers,

Tony

by Dvir on 2009-09-05 01:47:16

Thank you Tony. I will get one of these.

The only thing bothers me is that the Custom Tone website there are no tones for Floor POD Plus.

Will there be any in the next time?

Thanks in advance,

Dvir

by PsicraftTony on 2009-09-05 02:15:59

Hi DV,

If you say there aren't any Floor POD Plus tones posted then I suppose the user community has been asleep. The whole purpose of customtone.com is to allow folks to share their tones.

I can't promise if anyone is going to post there, so maybe if this is your entire motivation behind using the editor you should rethink things. On the other hand, you will be able to edit your own tones quickly and easily with the editor if you have a MIDI interface, so the choice is really up to you.

Editing tones is not difficult: If it sounds bad, try a different setting. When you get something you like, save it.

Cheers,

Tony

by Dvir on 2009-09-05 02:22:50

My problem is that when you go to http://line6.com/customtone/and click on that arrow to select the product there is no Floor POD Plus on the list.

I searched a bit in google and found out that I can use tones made for POD 2.0 or Pocket POD but the sound will be alittle different so the only thing I can do now is get this MIDI thing (forgot it's name ) and check myself how it sounds.

Anyway, thanks alot, you really helped me

By the way, I have a family relative named Tony too

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.