These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pops and Clicks while recording with UX2
by dima360180 on 2009-09-10 21:39:58

Hey, whenever I record with my Line 6 UX2 on Ableton Live 8, I get various pops and clicks even while not recording or not ever arming the recording. The pops and clicks go away if I increase my buffer size to the max but then the latency is so high (193ms) that it is unplayable. Ive tried everything else closing down all running programs, disconecting my wireless internet... etc etc But nothing seems to work!! Is there some thing i can do to avoid hearing those pops and clicks in my audio... or do i have to upgrade my pc?

My Specs:
Amd Athlon 64x2 2.2ghz
ASUS m2n mx se
2gb ram
nvidia 8600gt
160gb hard drivex2

Re: Pops and Clicks while recording with UX2
by Line6Hugo on 2009-09-14 12:02:17

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer? In cases like these, you should try installing a USB 2.0 PCI card which has eliminated pops and clicks in some cases.

Also, which operating system are you using with the UX2?

You may also want to try on another computer to see if it does the same thing.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: Pops and Clicks while recording with UX2
by pcgeekus on 2011-05-11 19:42:17

I had installed everything on a Toshiba Laptop and had lots of clicks even when not recording like you. Turning off power save features and the wireless helped but still some random clicks. So, I installed the POD Farm and Abelton Live 8 on my HP Pavillion Media Center m7680n Desktop, and haven't heard a pop yet. So, laptops may be an issue, especially cheaper ones where corners are cut. The other poster may be right and it's just a better 2.0 USB port.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.