These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Why does Pod Farm sound so weird?
by bcarrigg90 on 2009-09-11 06:38:03

I have the Pod Farm Plug in that i use with fruity loops 8, but i can;t get anything to sound right.  All the amps are extremely hissy and noisy when there is any distortion, and its darn near impossible to get a decent output volume.  Plus all the eq settings seem weird.  Its like there is very little bass and not much treble.  Do i have something set up wrong?

Re: Why does Pod Farm sound so weird?
by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-09-11 06:44:33

Can you tell us how you have it set-up?

by bcarrigg90 on 2009-09-13 19:18:42

I just have a cord running straight from my guitar into the input on the front of my computer and Pod Farm running inside Fruity loops 8.

by ricksox on 2009-09-14 14:42:24

I'm not quite sure I understand. What kind of cable are you using to get your guitar input into your computer?

Do you have some sort of audio interface installed on your computer?

Line6Miller

by bcarrigg90 on 2009-09-14 20:05:03

it goes from mono 1/4" to mono rca, then has a rca splitter, and then a dual-rca to stereo 1/8" plugged into the computer.  I'm actually plugged into a micinput.  Could that cause any problems?

by Line6Hugo on 2009-09-15 09:38:35

shiny,

This is not the ideal way of getting audio into your computer. I recommend that you set up your PODxt Live (which has the POD Farm license) as your audio interface in Fruity Loops' Preferences. Make sure to select the ASIO PODxt Live audio driver.

Then try using POD Farm in Fruity Loops with the PODxt Live as your audio interface. Make sure to connect speakers or headphones to the outputs of the PODxt Live to monitor your audio.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by bcarrigg90 on 2009-09-15 10:26:31

do you mean that i should connect via the usb on the Pod? 

by Kneehow on 2009-09-15 11:38:55

Yes, that would be correct. Guitar into PODxt Live. USB to computer. Software output back thru USB to the PODxt Live. Connect monitoring device (headphones or powered speakers) to your PODxt Live audio output.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.