These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Vetta Patch Update without Flash Update?
by candreasffm on 2009-03-16 12:12:47

Is it possible just do the Vetta Patch Update (without the Vetta Flash Update first)?

I maybe had a bad tone. Everytime I passed the 13A patch, the Vetta hangs and no button works at all. Power off - on - just 13A, no sound no functionality . The only way to get him alive was to do the Vetta Patch Update. So I have first to update the Flash via Monkey then update the patches. Flash Update alone doesn't work.

Greez,

Chris

Re: Vetta Patch Update without Flash Update?
by candreasffm on 2009-04-21 14:40:07

bump

by thorneven on 2009-04-27 07:54:02

I think you've answered your own question.  If you have a bad preset, updating only the operating system is not going to fix the bad preset.  If the preset is bad, you need to reprogram it.  thorne

by candreasffm on 2009-04-30 14:09:41

No, it was the other way...

The sound was accidantly corrupt - from one day to another and I want to get rid of it.

So yes, I wanted to replace the sounds. But this seems only to work, when I first re-install the firmware.

I'm looking for a way to replace just the sounds - without re-installing the firmware.

by jvblack on 2009-05-02 09:50:55

You CAN reset the factory and user patches from the front panel of the amp.  I've never tried this, but the instructions are here:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4499

Scrolldown that page and find "vetta I and II soft reset".

I'm pretty sure that this will ERASE YOUR USER PRESETS and fill the user slots with copies of the factory patches (same thing that happens when you update the software), so save them with Line6Edit or MidiOx or something before you try it just to be safe!!

I wonder why the Line 6 guys didn't tell you this when you originally posted this....

Oh well....  I don't come here much anymore.  Sorry i missed your post back in March.

Good luck,

Joe

by candreasffm on 2009-05-03 04:11:41

Oh, yes, the Soft Reset, this would be cool.

But for this I need a full working Vetta (working "save" and "page" knobs).

In my case the screen was frozen and no button works after powering on the amp. I hoped there would be a handling as seen at the Flextone III (hold buttons while powering on).

If this kind of crash happens on a gig, there is no possibility to get the Vetta back to life... without a PC or Laptop. Fast tweaking my used sounds on a resetted amp shouldn't be the problem, but the need of a computer and the duration of the full (2 step) hard reset procedure will be a problem.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.