These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Separate output of looper sound possible in m13?
by stevoharpo on 2009-09-15 05:54:54

Hi you experts,

I am trying to figure out if and how it would be possible to get a separate output from the looper sound of the m13 to say, amp 2,

and the normal output with playing on top of the loop to amp 1. So the loop and overdubs go to amp 2 and amp 1 gives loop, overdub and dry sound or actual playing through the m13 fx. Like this, the looper output could be mixed separately, which would be very handy for what I want to do.

Thanks for looking into this!

Stevo

Re: Separate output of looper sound possible in m13?
by phil_m on 2009-09-15 06:27:45

Using the M13's effects loop, you can actually do this.  The position of the looper in the M13's virtual chain depends on whether you have it set to pre or post.  If you have it set to pre, it is before all of the effects.  If you have it set to post, it's after all the effect.  Now you can use the effects loop to feed two different amps with different signal chains as shown in the manual, and depending on how you have the effects loop setup and the position of the looper, the looper could feed either chain.  I know it sounds confusing in text, but I think setting it up would be easier than it looks.

by stevoharpo on 2009-09-15 12:00:44

Hi Phil,

thanks for your quick answer,

I've been trying several settings connecting one amp to the output and the other amp to the send Fx and the results are interesting but somehow I cannot do what I wanted to do without loosing either the fx for the looper or for the part you play on top of the looper. Also, I can only separate the direct signal from the looper by using the return fx input, but in that case I cannot do overdubs any longer...

Wouldn't it be a great feature on the next update to have that looper output purely in the second (right) output and the overall sound in the usual left (mono) output?

Cheers,

Stevo

by Kneehow on 2009-09-16 10:33:21

Sounds like a great idea! Make sure you submit your thought directly to the Product Development team here: http://line6.com/company/contact/productFeedback/?topic_id=3

by stevoharpo on 2009-09-16 10:54:39

Actually I already did Perry, hope they understand the advantage of it and I surely hope some more people will support this request;-)

Cheers,

Stevo

by dustplumb on 2010-03-12 01:40:14

I have the same need.  No matter how I have the looper set, the loop wants to play out of both outputs simulataneously.  I want the loop to work in true stereo, so I can lay a part from the right input, and have it play through the right output only.  Then I want to switch to the left input and lay overdubs that only play from the left output.  When looper is post fx, stereo fx should sum to mono, allowing overdubs to contain fx and only play out of the corresponding mono output. 

Another gripe is that the playback volume of the loop is never as loud as the original signal.  This is a major bummer that I can't seem to find a way around.  Anyone have a suggestion for this?

Thanks,

Dustin

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.