These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Weak Signal from back panel outputs of Pod xt pro?
by Nsufera on 2009-09-16 15:40:43

Hey guys,

I'm using my pod xt pro in my rack and for some strange reason, the back panel outputs are very very low. I use "no amp" setting and make sure the volume of the guitar signal isn't being decreased by any of those settings.  However, it simplay isn't a volume thing...there is a lot of tone degradation.  If use the phone jack in the front panel, I can attain the full guitar signal, but not from the back panel. Ive tried using the "what are you connecting to?" settings, but nothing helps.  Any ideas anyone??

Re: Weak Signal from back panel outputs of Pod xt pro?
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-09-16 15:45:27

Has it always done this or is it a recent problem?

Try reinstalling the Flash Memory using Line 6 Monkey.  There may be a hardware problem with the unit though.  If reinstalling the flash memory doesn't help, you may need to have it seen to by a technician.  You can find your nearest servcie centre via this link: http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

Cheers,

Crusty

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-09-16 15:48:05

Is the bad output coming from both the 1/4" and XLR analogue outs or just one or the other?

Cheers,

Crusty

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-09-16 15:49:53

Don't forget that the Output knob controls the output level of the 1/4" outputs.  Is that working?

Cheers,

Crusty

by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-09-16 18:52:01

Early xt Pros had a low level 1/4" output i think. This was resolved with a hardware upgrade which is available free from your local Line 6 Service Centre.

by Nsufera on 2009-09-17 07:34:46

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

I recently got this unit off used off ebay, but I was able to register it.  I probably have no warranty on it.

I did try the main output, but this still isn't the problem.  I should be able to get the same quality signal from the phones jack and the back panel outputs with this at the same setting, right?  Besides, no matter if I crank up the output, the signal is still very weak.

I've only tried the 1/4 inch outputs, not the xlr.  So i've tried the effects send, and the regular outputs 1/4 outpus in the back.  Both suffer from this problem.

I recently bought this used off ebay, so I'm not entirely sure of the warranty, but I was able to register it.  I updated the flash memory but for some reason I can not seem to update the firmware from 1.06 to 1.14.   Everytime I try, it says it was successful but it still doesn't display the new firmware is installed while it does for the flas memory.

by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-09-17 09:53:20

The very earliest versions have to be updated via MIDI, then after that update can be updated and used via USB from then on. Also i think that Line 6 will modify out of warranty XT Pros as the low level was an accepted fault by them. Give your local service centre a call.

[edit]Apparently the MIDI update is only needed for v1.01, so you should be OK. The latest XT Pro version is 3.02 and is highly recommended.[/edit]

by Line6Hugo on 2009-09-17 16:20:08

nusfera,

If re-installing the flash memory does not fix the low output problem, you will need to take it to an authorized service center:

http://www.line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.