These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Popping/Crackling Sounds During Recording with Mixcraft
by warhols on 2009-03-16 21:51:58

I am using my POD XT Live as my sound driver for recroding with Mixcraft. I use headphones, and when I listen to playbacks, or if I just have the headphones on, there is audible crackling and popping being heard. I did take some suggestions involving in deactivating all sound cards in the computer and etc, but does anyone know of anything specific that would cause this popping issue? I am a novice with home recording.

Re: Popping/Crackling Sounds During Recording with Mixcraft
by Rowbi on 2009-03-17 03:33:05

clipping can cause crackling sometimes. in the control panel line6 audio app, turn down the level to -6dB and then after you've recorded you can normalise it, rather than trying to record at full level first time.

by malhavok on 2009-03-17 09:11:41

If your popping is from buffer underruns then you can open the Line 6 driver control panel and push the slider a few ticks to the right. Also, please forget about normalization (no disrespect to Rowbi) because it serves no purpose unless you are mastering (and even then it is questionable).

--

POD patches, tips & tricks, and home recording advice

by andrewpmast on 2009-12-19 08:54:18

Yea, this was my exact problem.  As soon as I increasing the buffer, it went away.  I also disabled my wireless internet.  I suffered no degradation by the increase.

kb37.jpg

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.