These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Spider Jam vs Spider 4
by daydreamin7677 on 2009-09-23 14:16:54

Would you sell your spider jam to buy a spider 4. I had the same dilema when the spider jam came out, sell my spider 3 for the jam, I'm glad I did though. Just wondering if others were thinking about this and what they saw as benefits and draw backs.

Re: Spider Jam vs Spider 4
by Buy-a-Fender on 2009-09-23 14:48:57

not sure I follow your thinking - as far as I can tell the Spider Jam and Spider IV are 2 entirely different things.

Looking at the info for the Spider IV it does not appear to contain the backing tracks, loop recording, SD card file transfers,  and associated features that the Spider Jam does.

If you need/want backing tracks a Spider IV is not even an option.

not to sound too cliche  but it IS like comparing apples-to-oranges

Re: Spider Jam vs Spider 4
by drakonum on 2010-01-04 19:06:40

I bought the Spider IV 150 and returned it for the Spider Jam.  They were the same price but the SJ had a lot more features that would be of use to me.  The Spider IV was much more powerful with 4 channels and more presets but for me just Jamming alone the SJ is awesome.  I bought the Express MkII pedal and I can set the tones I want to a,b,c,and d so that solves the problem of not having the channel buttons like the Spider IV.  The S IV 150 was just to much bang for what I needed.  I debated for a few weeks and read about 6 hours of reviews and I feel real good about my decision.  It's not as big and cool looking but it sounds great and you can download more tracks and the inputs and outputs make it much more versatile.  I even bought a mic and I don't even sing, lol...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.