These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Farm + PODxt Pro
by lilhermiejobo on 2009-09-26 21:22:31

Hello,

Like many other recording artists, I have a dedicated music recording computer which remains offline. That computer is running Windows XP Professional with service pack 3. My wife's computer is connected online and so I use this computer for that purpose. Her computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium with service pack 1.

I initially had some minor issues when trying to install Line6 Edit and Line6 Monkey because my DAW doesn't have an active internet connection. After some browsing on the support forum I was able to successfully install both programs.

I recently took advantage of the free POD Farm offer and have successfully downloaded, installed, and registered it to my PODxt Pro on my wife's system. After some browsing, I found an instructional video on the line6 support forum by Line6 Hugo explaining the transfer process from an online computer to an offline computer regarding moving the AET files to their respective folders and followed those instructions exactly as explained by Line6 Hugo. I understand that the free version of POD Farm doesn't operate as a stand alone and is meant to be used as a VST plug-in, but, when I insert POD Farm into the channel strip of my recording software (Steinberg Nuendo 1.5) I'm given the same message in the bottom of the window as I read when opened as the stand alone "no recognized devices" "not authorized". Although, when I click on the Pod Farm symbol in the far bottom left of the GUI it indicates the Metal Shop and Power Pack add-ons that are on my PODxt Pro, which tells me that the software and hardware are communicating.

I have browsed the support community on line6 and haven't been able to find an answer to my situation (Transfer AET files from online pc running vista h.p + sp1 to offline pc running xp pro sp3) and so I'm hoping for resolve via line6 support.

For what its worth, my wife's computer (online pc) is an Acer Aspire L3600, Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz, 2Gb ram, 32 bit OS

Mine is custom built (offline pc) ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS mobo, Core2Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, 4 Gb ram, 32 bit OS

Thank You in advance for your help and cooperation.

Re: POD Farm + PODxt Pro
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-09-27 02:27:13

Try starting with a completely clean install with the Online computer.  Remove all Line 6 goodies from the machine and then just install and authorise POD Farm (nothing else).  Doing this might ensure that you're getting the right AET files you need for POD Farm.

Cheers,

Crusty

by lilhermiejobo on 2009-09-27 02:57:46

Thanks Crusty,

Unfortunately, thats exactly what I did to begin with. I only installed it on the online computer for the sake of regstering and authorizing. Said computer didn't have any line6 software on it prior to that. After running an intensive search through the entire computer's contents, there was only 1 AET file on the entire machine, which was for POD Farm.

I thought exactly what you posted, which is why I ran the search to check for the AET file(s) and its/their location(s).

Thanks again,

JoBo

by Line6Hugo on 2009-09-29 10:47:56

Jobo,

Perhaps there is a connection issue.

Please make sure to disconnect all other USB devices from the computer (except for a mouse and keyboard) while troubleshooting this issue. Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use and test the PODxt Pro on all of the USB ports on your computer.

Let us know if you continue to have issues.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.