These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Neck Adjustment Tool for Variax 700
by JackMajdecki on 2009-09-27 21:01:49

Is there a way to get replacment tools, such as the neck adjustment tool for the Varuax 700.  If not, are the specs available to find a replacement.

Re: Neck Adjustment Tool for Variax 700
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-09-27 21:55:33

Just buy yourself 2 sets of Allen Wrenches, 1 metric and 1 imperial.  They have 1000 + 1 uses around the home and workshop and they'll only cost you a few bucks.  You can get them from any hardware store.

Cheers,

Crusty

by JackMajdecki on 2009-09-28 13:37:36

Thank you Crusty, have allen wrenches, yes.  But, the neck adjustment takes a side "socket"- type wrench similar to Les Paul adjustment wrench.  I was wondering if Line 6 had extras available or a specific size to get.

Jack

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-09-28 16:14:04

Gee, I have not had to adjust the neck on my 700.  The 600 adjuster is exposed and that is just an Allen type.  I have not take the cover off the 700 to peek at the adjuster.  Perhaps I should.  The guitars only come with Allen wrenches and that's why I presumed the 700 would have the same type of truss rod adjuster.

Line 6 don't have anything listed in their parts store.  I have never had a problem with truss rod adjusters as I have a collection of tools from guitars past.  Including small socket wrenches.

The curiosity is going to get to me now and I'll have to take a look at the neck adjuster on the 700.

I have a socket set with 14" drive and T wrench that I use for guitars that have a hex nut type adjuster at the head.

Cheers,

Crusty

by bnels on 2009-09-29 04:40:25

I don't know about the electrics, but the Acoustic 700 uses a standard allen wrench.

by Line6Hugo on 2009-09-29 17:36:37

Jack,

Please check out the following knowledge base document for the specifications you are looking for:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3733

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by fakecrusader on 2012-11-13 04:01:22

The Line 6 documentation is incorrect or there are undocumented variations in the models. My Variax 700 electric requires a 7mm hex socket, as the truss rod has a hex nut (male) and not a hex inset (female) - that is, adjust as you would for a Gibson truss of this type.

You can get these wrenches from online guitar shops - I needed to get a 'proper' wrench as there is not enough room to fit the more general types of 7mm hex wrench or ring spanner you might have.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.