These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Quick Vetta HD Question
by IbanezAP on 2009-10-03 04:16:35

Hi

just wanna ask a quick question before i buy the Vetta II HD,

i know you can download sounds and patches on to the vetta head,

but i saw on the line 6 website that you can download all the vetta sounds at once, and then transfer them on to the head.

there are loads of sound there and the bank name like 13A or 14B, can they go over 100 so it becomes 100A or 231B i know thats a lot of sounds but i just want to find out if you can put more than 100 banks on the vetta.

also it comes with 64 factory and 64 user presetscan that go over 64 to over 100 say??? because i dont think the screen is big enough.

Thanks

Alex

Re: Quick Vetta HD Question
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-10-03 04:54:06

You can have 128 of your own patches on the Vetta but you have to put them on there using the Line 6 Edit software.

You can program the amp directly for the 64 User presets.  To overwrite the factory presets you need to either use Line 6 Edit or you can do a MIDI dump of the 64 user patches that you have.

Ultimately, you are better off building your own tones, the ones that you're going to use.  If you do covers, then you will find plenty of patches of the better known songs on Internet.  Have you had a look at the Custom Tone website and Andy Z's Institute Of Noise site?  You will see what's available there.

Anyway, if you download Line 6 Edit (it's free) and get to work with your Vetta, you won't be disappointed with the 128 patches you'll have at your disposal.

Cheers,

Crusty

by IbanezAP on 2009-10-04 14:09:47

just 1 more question, the Vetta II HD is 300watt, if i played it though a 4x12 cabinet that was 200watt say, would it blow if it went to the top?

i know i will never use it at the top i just want to know

so do i have to play it through a 300watt cabinet minimum???

ps i wanted to play through a "Line6 Spider 4x12" Cab"      that was Designed for Spider III HD75 and Spider III HD150. would i be able to?

by candreasffm on 2009-10-05 12:35:04

Shure, you have to be careful with a 300 watt amp connected to a 200 watt cab. But you can select the half-mode in the Vetta settings. So you reduce the max to 150 watt. The other way is not to use the full volume of the amp.

by IbanezAP on 2009-10-07 23:45:23

where abouts is this setting??

how do u get to it?

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-10-07 23:49:24

It's on page 3 of the System settings under POWER, you can select full or half.

Which part of the manual (4.40) that explains the half power mode don't you understand?  Let me know and I'll explain it to you.

Cheers,

Crusty

by IbanezAP on 2009-10-13 11:08:37

Thanks Crusty

i understand now thanks for the reply

by brue58ski on 2009-11-22 13:58:53

With Vetta II you do not have to use Line 6 edit to replace the factory tones.  You can save them from the amp face.  After pressing save, press the Factory button, then save as normal.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.